10/15/2011

DeNami Color Challenge #08 ~ Grandma's Kitchen!


Hi Friends! I'm sharing a card today for the latest DeNami Designs challenge. After pulling the stamps and paper I wanted to use (kind of a grandma's kitchen look), I went for the softer side of the color palette. I put most of the color into the cornucopia to highlight it. Hope it worked!!!


I've used two papers from the My Mind's Eye: Lost & Found Sunshine collection for my background. This sweet little DeNami wheat bundle is stamped in sepia ink. I used my foam tape roll as a guide to stamp around. This worked out fantastic! I lined the card up on the grids of my cutting mat then followed suit with the foam tape roll. I started with the center bundle worked to the right, then to the left. Cute huh!! Next came the DeNami cornucopia...stamped, colored, cut out then added to the card with foam tape. I brought a bit more of the pretty green to the card with gems. Some ribbon, twine and a button pull things together! Thanks for taking the time to stop by today ~Lisa

13 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a sweet card Lisa! Love the little wheat images decorated with bling!

scare_easy said...

Lisa, I love the perfectly placed gems!!
I think the colours accenting the cornucopia are gorgeous.
Such a lovely card :)
-Tara

Wendy said...

Awesome job using this color combo. LOVE how you stamped the wheat stalks around the foam tape -- you must have a big roll! Great job coloring the cornucopia, it looks great!

Michele Gross said...

So vintagey and pretty!! I love the wheat stalks in the background and the soft use of the colors. Gorgeous take on the challenge! Glad you played with us at DeNami Design :)

Cyndie said...

Very pretty! Those are some nice patterned papers, and I love how you used the roll of tape as a guide! Nice coloring on the cornucopia, too!

Ally said...

Oh, I love it! That doily with the wheat bundles is just fantastic, and I totally get sucked in with text patterns, every time. ;-)

I like the way you distributed the colors. This challenge would have scared the snot out of me, and I'm sure I would not even attempt it. But you make it look like such a nice, pleasant little challenge! ;-) You rock!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Lisa! That is a lot of colours and they look difficult but you used them perfectly.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I've seen that wheat bundle at my friend Emily Keaton's blog. It's so sweet! Or shall I say, swheat? ;)

I like the Grandma's Kitchen effect here - all the elements are wonderful!

...:::Paulina:::... said...

Such a pretty card, Lisa. Love the way you used the Wheat Stalks with the Cornucopia!

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami challenge!

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful card, Lisa!! I LOVE all of the layers----really gives the card a comfy cozy feel which is perfect for the wheat stalk and cornucopia images!! Thanks for playing along in the DeNami Color Challenge!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is just beautiful Lisa! I love your placement of the wheat stalks and the bling added to them is the perfect touch! So happy you played along the DeNami Designs color challenge!

Tina M said...

Seriously...this is love at first sight...so pretty!

Andrea M said...

So BEAUTIFUL Lisa!!! WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with DeNami Design!