1/18/2012

WMC #83 ~ A Fond Farewell!

As the saying goes "All good things must come to an end". Jenny Suchin is holding her final Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday challenge this week. I have fond memories of this challenge and will miss it. Jenny and her design team were always up to the task and delivered inspiration upon inspiration. Their final display of card art is no exception. 



My mind was going in several directions for this one; but I decided to go floral today. I picked up a clearance Flea Market paper pack at Joanns a couple of weeks ago. A pretty assortment of paper that's sturdy enough to use as your card base. I die cut a MFT label using a creamy dotted swiss paper. Next I stamped my new Hero Arts small stencil flower several times and cut out three blooms and one stem. Isn't this a pretty flower! The blooms were stamped with a rose coral chalk ink then I lightly added some red chalk blending as I went. This sweet stamped tiny tag, pretty creamy ribbon and button are all PTI. My little green ribbon from Archivers is one of my favorites...so dainty! A smidgen of glitter in the flower centers and a couple of crystal stick pins from Making Memories give my card a touch of winter frost. 

Thanks for taking a peek today ~Lisa

16 comments:

Cyndie said...

You've got some cool goodies in your crafting drawer! I really like that MFT stamp and matching die--so pretty and so fast to whip out a few gorgeous flowers! And that chalking is sooo pretty!

Tracey McNeely said...

Those blooms that you fussy cut are so gorgeous Lisa. I agree with Cyndie that you have some great candy in your craft drawer. I love that you are able to put so many different things together to come up with something beautiful. Great card.

Laurel said...

Such a pretty card!

Marie said...

Winter frost??!? I'm on a 'spring' kick. Love the coloring on your flowers and that dainty ribbon and tiny tag are just the perfect touch for this great card.

Emily Keaton said...

I love these soft colors, Lisa! Your card is absolutely gorgeous. :)

Ally said...

Really beautiful, Lisa. ;-) Love that patterned paper, and the flowers are just delightful. Great touches with the button, tag, and stick pins. Love it. ;-)

Amy said...

Lisa, those blooms are just GORGEOUS!! I think that there are so many little details you added that make this one GREAT card!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So very pretty Lisa! Those blossoms are stunning!

Karen B. said...

This is gorgeous, what a gorgeous mix of fibers, stamps and papers!

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

What a beauty ! I lOve your flowers and great choice of backing! LOVELY!!!

Cyndie said...

Hey, Lisa--thanks for the heads up on my award--I had no idea til I saw your comment!

Marybeth said...

Oh , Lisa this is such a detailed and beautiful card! Love the soft flowers , pin , tag and stripes.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

nice! cherry

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a beautiful card--great details! LOVE those flowers!!! And I LOOOOOOVE that ribbon!

Levana Sunandar said...

Love every details you have put in there, and the pattern paper is really matched with the flowers. nice card, Lisa!

Mynnette said...

Hi, it's me! Your worst commenting buddy ever! ;) Sorry to be MIA--I've been a bit overwhelmed with my challenge blog duties. THIS IS AMAZING. I just adore those blooms--it's so incredibly pretty! :) I really like that you've used a shaped card base, too! :)