Pages

7/30/2020

Hello Gorgeous!



Pucker up buttercup, we're celebrating lemons at Inspired By


When I was a teenager, I was head majorette in a baton and drum corp. Many of the parades we marched in were part of a festival. One of my favorite treats was the fresh squeezed lemonade. Have you ever had it from one of those festival stands? They add the lemons, sugar and water to a big cup with lots of ice, top it with another cup and shake it up! It was always the perfect mix of lemon and sweetness. That's what inspired my lemon filled shaker card! All of my dies and shaker fillings are from Pretty Pink Posh, the sentiment too.



Okay, now it's your turn. Will you be inspired by our inspiration photo, the sketch... maybe both?

Edit: I had no way to contact Erika concerning her question about the lemons I used. The lemons and gingham are patterned paper. American crafts... I think!

19 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, yes, Lisa!! I LOVE that fresh shaken lemonade!! and I ADORE this sweet, fresh, lemony paper, just as much!
=]

~amy~ said...

What a fun story behind your card Lisa!
Such a pretty shaker!

Greta said...

Can't say I ever had lemonade made that way, but it's just what we need with our week of 90 degree temps out here! Talk about the perfect paper for the challenge & a totally refreshing shaker! Love this, Lisa!

Erika Crawford said...

Beautiful card!! I love the blue and yellow together. Are the lemons a stamp from PPP? Gotta have it!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Absolutely gorgeous card, Lisa! So beautiful! Your sweet pink and yellow are the perfect blend. Just lovely. Marisela. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun inspired card! Great job 😀

Erika Crawford said...

Thank you!! Got it.

Birgit said...

This is super cute! I love the lemons and pretty blue gingham. I've never tried the lemonade from one of those stands at a fair before. You've got me wanting to try one now! Love your sweet creation Lisa.

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE the fun paper and your shaker is amazing. You are making me want to make home made lemonade now!!!

Rosemary said...

so fun and fresh, lisa! i don't think i have ever had lemonade like that, but it sounds delicious!

TK said...

Adorable! Precious papers and so sweet that you made a shaker

Karen B. said...

This card is all kinds of perfect! Love the shaker twist to it!

Cindy Beach said...

I can just picture you as a majorette! We craft folks are good at lots of things, aren't we? This card is a sweet take on the inspiration. Love the shaker!

Anonymous said...

I love this card so much, Lisa! I want to PUCKER UP and KISS it! :)!!!

Celeste Goff said...

Lisa, this card is simply gorgeous!

Kim S said...

Your card totally reminds me of any icy cold, sweet/tangy lemonade!! It's wonderful!

Lindsey said...

Oh, I absolutely adore this! And I can't say that I've had lemonade made quite that way, and I'm feeling like I have very much missed out. Sounds divine.

Bobby said...

You're making my mouth water, Lisa. I love those lemonades. And your lemon shaker card.

DorothyA said...

Delightful! Definitely brings on the taste of iced lemonade!