Pages

7/05/2026

Thinking of You

Dang... it's been HOT as HOT can be around here all week. Storms yesterday evening and this morning too. Time to stay in and get inky! That's just what I did and I created this little number for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge.


I used a delicate leafy rubber stamp by IO for the two tall rectangles in the sketch. A scrap of patterned paper for the horizontal rectangle and retired Poppystamps geraniums for the circle portion. I topped those blooms with a sweet hummingbird by PPP. I colored him to match the little ruby throated fella that has been frequenting our feeder. 


Off we go to the FMS gallery. 
Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate it!

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect! Oh my, this guy might belittle but he sure makes a big statement! His coloring is amazing and he's seems pretty at home in that pretty Geranium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Lisa! I love the leafy branches. Your hummingbird is lovely. Thank you for playing with my sketch this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty, Love the geraniums with the cute little hummingbird. I have that hummingbird set and like how you colored it. Day before yesterday I noticed that my hummingbird feeder was out. I felt bad because it's been so hot. I hurried and made fresh nectar. So, I'm sure they are happy now.
    Hope you have a good week and try to stay cool.
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely, Lisa! You've got a great eye for this sketch. The brilliant red geraniums are gorgeous with the beautiful hummer. It's been super hot and humid here as well. Perfect weather for crafting inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I just love the colors on your card today! Your stamped sketch elements are a fantastic idea and of course I adore that little 'fella' too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with FMS again - we love it when you do!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, sweet card my friend and you nailed this sketch perfectly! And that little hummer...he looks just like the little ones that have been around my feeders too! Such a happy card Lisa...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tiny h bird won me over! Awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so beautifully striking, Lisa! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those delicate ferns make a wonderful background for this beautiful geranium and darling hummer, Lisa! It's been hot here too and we are in for another day of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous way to interpret this sketch--I predict a winner! Those blooms look so real, no wonder that little hummer is attracted to them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a creative take on the sketch, Lisa! Love the color palette and the different elements--especially that hummingbird! Thanks for linking up to FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty take on the FMS sketch, Lisa! Love the cluster of elements topped off with that sweet bird. I hope things are cooling down for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That hummingbird is wonderful and so pretty tucked into the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the collage, such a pretty collection of images.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Beautiful card Lisa! Love your two leafy stampings and those gorgeous flowers with hummer. Love the bold colours. Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow - that's gorgeous! I love your arrangement and details you've added. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your take on the sketch and there is nothing better than flowers and hummingbirds! Stay cool and craft on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful layout with the flowers and the wispy leaves work perfectly for the sketch xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I knew before I read your post that the branches were IO! Such a creative and beautiful use of the sketch, Lisa! Hope you get some better weather soon. Our hottest days are gone, at least for the moment--yah!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful! I adore this card! Don't know which I love more -- the red geraniums or the sweet little hummingbird. Sometimes it's nice to have a reason to stay inside and craft!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Lisa! I just love, love, love this! Fabulous take on the sketch. That little hummingbird is the cutest and I love the way you nestled him among those beautiful flowers. The colors are wonderful as is that little paper strip. I really love this card! Can you tell?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet little hummingbird on that floral cluster, Lisa - love this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments, I appreciate them!