Pages

7/16/2026

You're Pretty Darn Amazing

With the smoke from wild fires drifting down to Ohio, it was a good day to stay indoors and get a little crafty. I made a card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches and Tic, Tac Toe challenges. 


I used a trio of some favorite retired Poppystamps products. The Whittle Frame, Whittle Lizard and Daisy Trio worked perfectly with a sentiment by PTI. Everything went onto a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" base. This works for a few of lines on the Tic, Tac Toe board. The left and center vertical or the center horizontal. 



My prayers go out to those impacted by the fires in Canada and those dealing with the smoke. Several activities and businesses closed in our area today. Take care, my friends.



21 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Looks like your little green frog found a great place out of the smoke and heat to take a nap! Such a darling card, and use of Jen's sketch! Thanks for sharing your 'indoor' time with us!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE your whittle lizard with his tail wrapped around the frame Lisa...soooooo CUTE!! This whole CAS palette is making me smile this morning...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well now, he is adorable! Great use of the sketch

Cat Craig said...

Oh goodness, what a fun take on the sketch. A super fun summery card.

Tracy Grauer said...

Well, that's the cutest little lizard hanging out on that neat frame surrounded by those beautiful daisies! Adorable card, Lisa! Take care!

Celeste Goff said...

This card is so adorably cute, Lisa! Love the flowers and the little lizard!

TK said...

Tree frogs -- so sweet, until they hop right at you! But yours looks like he's quite happy with his surroundings amongst the wooded frame and sweet daisies.

TK said...

Yikes! That's a lizard, so sorry, but he's still sweet amongs his surroundings!

Kerry Parkinson said...

An adorably whimsical card, Lisa! The little lizard is too cute and so are the daisies. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Tic Tac Toe challenges. Kerry, DT

Bonnie said...

There's nothing fresher than daisies and that little frog looks quite happy in them!

Rosemary said...

Absolutely adorable take on the sketch, Lisa! That cheeky little lizard looks so cute peeking out from amongst the daisies. Sorry you are dealing with the smoke from the wildfires. I remember how miserable it was in my area when there were fires burning here and Canada. Stay safe!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this little lizard with the daisies and frame! You're so clever with him. This is just cute! It seems like most of Oregon is on fire now, too. We aren't getting the smoke because it's been mostly windy, but been there in the past. I feel for everyone everywhere who's suffering from the fires.

donna mikasa said...

While I'm not a fan of lizards, it's hard to admit this one is pretty cute and I love how you framed him! The addition of the daisies just adds to the friendly vibes. I pray for clear skies for you and thanks for joining FMS this week!

Jen Timko said...

This is just as sweet as can be. Love the little frame and the daisies for this fun fellow. Thanks so much for joining us this week at FMS!

Karren said...

This little lizard is adorable amongst the daisies! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Christine said...

he's such a cute frog and I love how you nestled him in the daisies xx

alice k. said...

This lizard is too cute!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a clever way to use the sketch, Lisa! I love your little gecko peeking out from his frame of branches and daisies. Love the fresh colors and wonderful design. I just love every detail!

Bobby said...

This is so cute, Lisa. Our smoke level got to 500 last week and I did stay in and get a few parts of cards made. Yours is darling but then again anything with daisies on it is a winner in my book.

Greta said...

Very sweet card, Lisa! Wildfires and their smoke are so scary. So far this year it hasn't been bad right where we are, but problems in other areas of the state. Hope things improve in Canada and for you.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great combo of Poppy products, Lisa - love me some whittle and that lizard is darling!!