Pages

7/09/2026

Just Us Girls #831 ~ What a Wonderful World

Vicki is hosting WORD WEEK for us at Just Us Girls and she's chosen the word PLAY. It took a little thinking and rooting around in my crafty nook, but I came up with something fun!


My interpretation of PLAY is music! My parents really enjoy the music activities at their new Assisted Living home. Mom especially likes when they play Name That Tune! I think I bought this 12x12 sheet of paper when JoAnn was going out of business. All of those pretty colorful guitars paired well with my song lyric sentiment. I stamped the sentiment onto a rustic white card base then topped it with the PP. It was cut with the circle die and the largest SSS scalloped arch... I know, I'm obsessed!! A few retired Poppystamps blooms cut in coordinating colors topped it off. 

What does the word PLAY say to you? Sports, recreation, music... so many options! Put your thinking cap on and come join us this week. Card making is playtime too, right? Oh, there's another idea, crafty supplies!

25 comments:

cm said...

Your sentiment and flowers are perfect pairings for your fabulous music-themed patterned paper. Lovely, inspired and inspiring!
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Th perfect paper for playing. Great sentiment also

TK said...

Music is definitely a part of playing! Music feeds the soul, sparks our motivation or can calm us down -- LOVE music, great card!

I Card Everyone said...

OH, I could name this tune in three notes, Lisa! It's a favorite of mine, even though it always makes me cry!
I love your idea of playtime and what a beautiful card to represent it musically!
=]

Christine said...

Fun card, I love the Guitar DP background it's such a cheerful design with the perfect sentiment xx

Marcia Hill said...

What a FUN and COLORFUL card Lisa! And you nailed it with the PLAY music...LOVE it!! Perfect dsp too! And now I have that song stuck in my head!! Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

That is some gorgeous papers, and perfect forthe challenge.

Birgit said...

This colorful card is pure delight! What a great take on the challenge word.

Bonnie said...

These are the prettiest guitars, Lisa! This paper was an awesome find and makes such a pretty card! Music has a way of cheering us up and these guitars would make some beautiful music!

Tracy Grauer said...

What a great sentiment to go along with your music theme! Fun paper and yes, those scalloped arched dies are fun!

Mitzi said...

LOVE your card! I play Louie's song in my craft room and I also have that saying on a shopping bag. I would love to know who makes the stamp.

Leslie Miller said...

Whichever theme or subject you're working with you always make the prettiest cards! The paper is amazing, love the colors and oh, my goodness, the sentiment! Absolutely delightful, Lisa!

Rosemary said...

Absolutely fabulous take on the challenge theme, Lisa! Love this fun and clever design.

Loll said...

Beautiful card using the theme, Lisa. LOVE that gorgeous guitar patterned paper in lovely colours of summer. Adore your beautiful blooms and gorgeous scalloped arch. xx

Ina G said...

You certainly found the perfect DP Lisa. Love those colourful guitars and how you have adding those pretty flowers. I had that song running through my head as soon as I saw your fabulous fun card. So glad your Mum is enjoying her music activities. I sometimes join hubby when he has 'happy hour' at his facility. Always fun to join in singing.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous background paper for that fun sentiment, Lisa!!

Trina P. said...

Funtastic and playful!

Lisa Elton said...

I hope you see this, Mitzi I don't see a way to contact you. The sentiment is an old cling stamp by Serendipity Stamps. I can't find them online, so I think they're out of business. You might try Ebay or Esty.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That guitar paper in such pretty colors makes for a perfect background paired with the lyrics! The addition of the flowers was a nice touch, too.

Bobby said...

That paper is delightful, Lisa, and I love how you added the flowers to mimic the ones on the guitars. So glad your parents are enjoying their time in Assisted Living.

Cindy Beach said...

OH!!!! My guitar -playing husband would love this and I'm wild about it! The paper is great but your pairing it with the sentiment and flowers is gorgeous. Such a fabulous design, Lisa!

Celeste Goff said...

What gorgeous paper, Lisa! Fabulous card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love your interpretation of "play". That would have been mine too. I grew up in a very musical family. I love that paper with those wonderful and colorful guitars, and I really love the song lyric sentiment you chose. Great card!

Kim S said...

What a perfect use of "play"! I love that sentiment especially with those fabulous guitars behind it!

Greta said...

Sorry I'm so late, Lisa. Trying to catch up. That guitar paper is wonderful and so is your perfectly creative card! How great the Assisted Living facility is working out for your folks.