Pages

8/10/2011

MOJO203 !

Hello blogging friends..and welcome to my newest followers! Thanks for being a part of my stamping/blogging journey!!! Today's post is for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge #203.



                      
I started started by choosing a variety of papers from My Minds Eye: Fine and Dandy 6x6 pad. I layered these on a piece of cardstock following the sketch. The scallop section is a PTI: medium scallop die. Next I cut a 2" scalloped circle with my slice and inked the edges with tangerine chalk ink. I punched holes in each scallop for some added interest. My lion from Judith is stamped with sepia ink and colored with markers. A touch of glitter pen on his mane and tail for a bit of glitz. I stamped the little leafy vine by Hero Arts in tangerine and attached the lion with foam tape. Some brown gingham ribbon, a star brad and a sprinkling of gems along with a small tag (star is Stampin Up) finishes things off. I adhered this panel to a speckled golden yellow card stock.

Now off to enjoy this lovely day on a walk with my sweet little Max...no more scorching 90's...just splendid upper 70's!!! ~ Lisa

11 comments:

Lisa said...

This little lion is just precious! An over all really well balanced card- love the papers and colors. You are so great with these sketches, Lisa!!
And boy am I jealous of your temps! I wish I could say we were in the 70's!! Still hangin' at the upper 90's and 100 mark....

Jacquel said...

What a cute card Lisa & I love the dp you used! The colors in it are very pretty & I heart your tag....great job Hun & TFS!!!

samantha said...

Your card is absolutely adorable, that lion is sooo cute.....great job

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a wonderful comment.

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Lisa! Love the little tag!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute BD card, fab use of the MME papers!

Debbie Carriere said...

Great card! Love how yu switched up the papers for the different sections!

*Alison* said...

This is adorable.. :) I love that background paper.. and that little lion is adorable :) HUGS

June Houck said...

I love your take on the sketch! Super cute card, Lisa :)

kelly said...

ah the lion is so sweet, I love the different patterned paper you've added to the top left corner, nice touch!
Kelly x

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Lisa. Love the cute lion image and the paper. Great take on the sketch!

Ruby said...

Ah such a cute card Lisa! I love how you've interpreted the sketch.