Pages

11/19/2011

DeNami Sketch Challenge #10 ~ Polka dots!

Polka dots: A dot or round spot (printed, painted, woven or embroidered) repeated to form a pattern. Now that may be the dictionary meaning but my description would be something more along the lines of caaaa-uuute!!!  Sigh...I just love them, can't get enough of them when it comes to paper and fabric. Don't get me wrong here, I don't dress from head to toe in them or have spots all over my house. They're just the sweetest little pattern that I am quite smitten with! When my SIL and I went to the local stamp convention this past spring I must have told her a hundred times "I want my little polka dot elephant!!!"  You see I had come across this precious little pachyderm on the DeNami website under their new stamps section. We made our way through the convention and finally came upon one of our last booths ~DeNami. I think my heart skipped a beat when I couldn't find it. Noooo this can't be, they can't be sold out. But when asking one of Nami's sons; he knew just where to look, reached his hand into the box and alas...pulled out the LAST one!!! Now let me tell you I wanted to do the happy dance right then and there; but I contained myself...for the sake of my SIL!!!

Still with me? Let me introduce you to my purple polka dot pachyderm!!! ~ HA!!!  I put this card together following the sketch given to us by Amber for the DeNami sketch challenge.



I stamped the polka dot background stamp using red ink onto white card stock. Much to my delight I won this stamp from DeNami a short while back...free polka dots ~YAY!!!  Next I stamped my elephant with wisteria chalk ink and punched it out with a Marvey oval punch. I used a Marvey scalloped oval punch on some sweet purple and red lilybeedesign paper. This was added to the polka dot panel with foam tape. I attached this to a red cardstock card, added MME: lime twist "happy" twine, felt flower (PTI die) and a polka dot button.

Thanks for sticking through my polka dot post, LOL! Have a super weekend ~Lisa

17 comments:

Brenda said...

You are so funny Lisa! But I get what you mean! And this card is filled with cuteness! And I love how you repeated the polka dots in the button and that stamped background at the bottom!

Lisa said...

Super cute, Lis! I got a giggle about all them polka dots! Your pachyderm IS mighty sweet :)

Mynn xx said...

Too cute--L-O-V-E that fab button! :) LOVE the little elephant, too. :) Awesome!

Mona Pendleton said...

So sweet Lisa! That polka dot elephant is darling!

Paulina said...

Oh, I just love this! The colors are delicious and I love the elephant with all those yummy polka dots!

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami Sketch Challenge!

Cyndie said...

Oh, super cute Lisa! I love the way you combined the various polka dots, including the button. And you are right--that is truly a CUTE elephant! Have a nice rest of the weekend!

Andrea M said...

Hey Lisa! This is just so darn cute!! I love that sweet little elephant! Thanks for playing along with DeNami!
I also wanted to say a huge thanks for ALL of your amazing comments! I can't tell you how happy they make me! THANKS!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Soooo happy for you to have found the last little polka dotted elephant! I have the 'empty' version of the DeNami elephant, and love him. He (and yours) is too cute for words.

You've let this little guy shine, leaving lots of white space around him. The little polka dots beneath him are great!

Ally said...

Cute cute purple polka dotted pachyderm! ;-D Love the simplicity of it, because all your elements are just perfect and add so much to it. So, so adorable. ;-)

Karen B. said...

This post was so much fun to read, you had me chuckling out loud!

Tina M said...

I can soooooooo empathise with ya on the polkadots....one can NEVER have enough. And that elephant...yup, LOVE him!!! What an amazing color choice, it's so stinking cute!!

Greta said...

Adorable card!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh this is darling!

Michele Gross said...

Very sweet card! LOVE the polka dots :)

Lisa Petrella said...

ADORABLE!!!! LOVIN' all of the polka dotty goodness! Thinkin' I need some of those polka dotty buttons!!!! And what a fun post! I, too, am a polka dot addict!!! LOVE them!!!!

Tanya said...

What a super sweet card Lisa! I love all the polka dots. The flower is adorable=)

Bev Gerard * TexasGrammy said...

Oh so CUTE! Love that sweet little elephant ... great take on the sketch!

~Bev