Pages

1/23/2012

PDCC#115 ~ Love Grows in Happy Homes!

Welcome! I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. I had a little time for card making, so I put together an entry for the latest Play Date Cafe challenge. Isn't this inspiration photo fabulous. Slate, moss, bark and burlap are the mix we have to work with. I was completely smitten with those darling little bags in the upper left corner. They were a big inspiration for my card. I was also drawn to the mix of earthiness and touch of frill here and tried to incorporate both into my card.


I started with a 4" strip of burlap ribbon from MME. I put a small ball of tissue in the center, folded it in half and tied with some twine to make my version of the sweet gift bags. I choose to turn mine into one of those little burlap bags you get plants in. I gave it the frilly treatment by gluing a snippet of a paper doily to the front/bottom to mimic the bags in the photo! Cute huh! I filled this with punched pine sprigs using my Martha Stewart punch. I stamped this fun pine garland by Inky Antics onto PTI kraft cardstock coloring it with chalk, colored pencils and glazing the pine cones with a gel pen. Love this strip of slate polka dot paper! The die cut label is a PTI fillable frames die and the sentiment is also PTI from the Love Lives Here set. These teeny tiny pine cones are from my son's backyard!! I thought these fun white buttons could represent the lacy snowflakes from the photo. A combination of chalk and ink was used along the edges of the kraft panel to achieve the slate coloring. I'm not sure who this pine stamp I've used on the two right corners is by. The name was worn off but it came from Archivers.

This card is definitely not of the mailing variety! But I enjoyed making it non the less. Thanks for dropping in ~Lisa

22 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Lisa, this is gorgeous! I love it. It could sit on your mantel or shelf...it's incredible. ;)

sheila said...

wow-this is so lovely and creative! I just love it!

Lisa said...

I would really hate to see you stuff this beauty in an envelope! What is NOT to like about this!! Love your theme and the sweet little plant waiting to be taken home :) and let's not forget my fav part- the pinecones!!

Ally said...

Oh my stinkin' heck! That little burlap bag is just fabulous, Lisa. ;-) Love it!! So original and clever, and I love it with the pine sprigs and the doily behind... fabulous. ;-) Great work!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lisa that little handmade burlap bag is awesome, you can actually feel the inspiration you were feeling while looking at this card. It is so earthy and natural but the doily in the background along with those fabulous stamps has your style written all over it. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

Marybeth said...

Wow Lisa this is so creative and beautiful all at the same time. I love what you did with theMS punch. I had that in my hands the other day and thought I did not need it. I do now! Beautiful Love this.

Karen B. said...

So so beautiful, you stole my heart with the burlap and other natural elements.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh Lisa, this is amazing! You knocked this one out of the park! This is a winner for sure!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Think this is a winner Lisa! What a wonderful take on those pictures! So BEAUTIFUL!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sometimes those non-mailable cards are the most fun to make! You can get crazy and add cool stuff. :)

You knocked this outta the park, Lisa! I ADORE that little plant bag! It's absolutely beautiful. You get my vote, my friend!

Thanks a bunch for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Christina said...

No way! What a darling idea! I just love all of the rustic elements you included on this card!

Jinny Newlin said...

So, so, so sweet, Lisa! LOVE that little, burlap and lace bag! Delish! What a beautiful interpretation of the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Mynn xx said...

Um, you totally ROCKED this challenge--not only did you use the colors, but you used the inspiration photos amazingly! LOVE this--so woodsy! And your sentiment is fabulous! :)

Cyndie said...

Meant to comment on this card yesterday and somehow forgot--sorry! Anyhow, that bunch of pine boughs in the little burlap bag is so incredibly CUTE! How on earth do come up with these cool ideas? It is just perfect for the theme colors, and I also love the way you curved the sentiment around the focal area. I have to get me one of those pine punches--mine (which came from a different manufacturer) broke a few weeks ago and I miss it!

Marie said...

Utterly fantastic and so very creative. Simply love the layers of texture! You rocked this one. AMAZING

Pauline said...

This is just wonderful, a perfect combination of these colours!

Ruby said...

Oh now Lisa, that is just a FABULOUS project! SO creative! I LOVE it all! My new fave of yours so far!!!

Jen W. said...

Lisa, this card is stunning! There's so much fabulous detail on it! The little burlap bag is adorable and I love the punched sprigs, the buttons and that gorgeous patterned paper. Awesome!

Michele Gross said...

OMG Lisa! This is off the hook fabulous! I just LOVE what you've done with the colors and your design is swoon-worthy :) Glad you played at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHH! This is amazing! I LOVE that little burlap bag with the plant! TOTALLY adorable! Fabulous job with our colors! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this, Lisa:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!

Lisa said...

Congrats on the nod for this card at PDC, Lisa!! So deserving- this card really is sweet!

-Susan- said...

Lisa this card looks like a bit of Ireland! (Never been there but it sure looks like a piece of the country side) It's beeeeutiful!