Pages

2/22/2012

cQc #125 ~ Horizontal Snow!!!

Hi there! I'm back with a cute little number I put together for the ColourQ challenge. I don't have any Stampin' Up paper, so it can be a bit of a search for me to match the colors.

My first thought was to put together something with a quilt like pattern. After looking over my stamps and papers that idea wasn't working for me. But I was drawn to the patterns in the quilt moving in different directions. So I pulled this herringbone stripe paper and went to work. My SIL (aka: stamping buddy!) had given  me the challenge of a winter card. SO appropriate for us as we had HORIZONTAL SNOW yesterday morning!! It blew pretty well for an hour or so, no accumulation...just an Ohio winter show!


I started by stamping my fun snowmen from Northwoods onto white cardstock. I used layers of orange, brown and orange-red colored pencils to match the Dusty Durango color for their carrot noses. I die cut this MFT label from the DP (BasicGrey: Nook and Pantry collection) then layered it over the stamped panel. Next I attached the PTI circle die cut strip of orange (from the same BG collection) horizontally ~ inspired by the pretty quilt design.  This sweet sentiment is by Morningstar Stamps. This was all attached to my gray card base then embellished with Martha Stewart punched snowflakes, gems, Stickles and a touch of chalk for the sky.

Thanks for peeking in  ~Lisa

21 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

This is so cute and I love the chevron pp!

Annette Allen said...

Lisa this is so so adorable...love all those little snowman heads and cute chevron patterned paper...

Emily Keaton said...

Lisa, I think you did a great job with these colors. They look challenging!! Seriously--horizontal snow yesterday?? Thankfully we've had such a mild winter here compared to last year. Barely any snow at all. Usually I love a good snow, but I'm just not missing it this year. Anyway, your card is adorable!!!

Unknown said...

This is adorable! i love the circular banner for the sentiment, and the snowmen are darling!! Thanks for playing at CQC this week, Lisa! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Lisa! Love the darling snowmen and the rhinestones sprinkled about!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Lisa, I love the design and those snowmen! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

kasia c. said...

This is sooooo cute! the snowmen are adorable and that double layer circle border is awesome. :)

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Very cute!!!

Lisa said...

Fabby job matching the colors! I love the herringbone snow :) You are so clever!

Cyndie said...

Ooh, great job on the challenge! That striped paper is the bomb--it looks perfect with the orangey color, and I really like your combination of patterns on this one! The snowmen and sentiment are too cute!

Lisa Petrella said...

Those snowmen are SO SUPER CUTE!!! And I LOVE the snowflake accents and touches of bling!!!

Ally said...

Oh my word, I'm glad I wasn't there for the horizontal snow! We've had snow the last 2 Sundays, trying to get to church, which is hard enough with 3 young children (cue the violin, eh??!). Winter is not my favorite. Haha!

Your card is so adorable, Lisa. I'm not big on chevron stripes, but I was trying to make a card the other day, and I found myself wishing I had some chevron stripes! I might be coming around. ;-) I love all those cute little snowmen, especially with the coordinating circle borders below - perfect touch. And the rhinestones amongst the snowflakes are brilliant, you thought of everything! Very nice. ;-)

Tracey McNeely said...

Amazing card Lisa! I love that patterned paper and your adorable snowmen.

Patrice said...

So cute!

Pauline said...

This is brilliant Lisa, a perfect take on the colours this week! Love that you created snowmen and a funky background, fabulous work!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a tough color combo! You did such a cute job, though, and love those gray snowflakes. The snowstorm you had sounds beautiful! I'd love to have some snow here in NJ again. I miss it.

Vicky Hayes said...

These colours make a fabulous Christmas card Lisa! The herringbone paper reminds me of pine needles!

Marie said...

Super cute, Lisa. Great Lo and love the horizontal snow and your intrepertation of it. Please keep the snow in Ohio!

Mynn xx said...

Never would've gone Christmas with those colors--but they look AMAZING!!! Glad it's snowing there and not here! We had 65*F today--what's with that?! This is amazing, Lisa! :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Lisa, how clever! What a super Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at the colourQ this week!

Brenda said...

Love these colors and those cute little snowmen!