Pages

6/14/2012

Love ~ The other white meat!

As many of my regular readers know; my sister-in-law (aka: stamping buddy!) and I have been doing card challenges between the two of us for a few years now. I have a card to share today that I made her a few months ago for one of those challenges. It was her turn at bat and she gave us the theme of vintage valentine. I just got off the phone with her ~ we were racking our brains trying to remember the theme for the challenge. She went to find the card for me...that's my buddy!


On one of our trips together to Archivers I had picked up a package of October Afternoon: Farmhouse goodies. So I set out to put together my vintage valentine with the thought that this lovely lady was one who adored pork! HA!! I know kinda corny huh...but it seemed like a good (funny) idea at the time. I added some hearts and a little tag showing her love for the other white meat!

Have a good one my friends and I'll see you Saturday with another card for the Dynamic Duos! ~Lisa

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Lisa, this is such a lovely vintage card! I love the image and pretty papers! It's so awesome that you have someone to get inky with!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh, I can't stop laughing! She looks SO in love! Sounds like you two are your own Dynamic Duo!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous papers you picked up with your stamping buddy! Lisa this is gorgeous and so is the sweet little white meat tag… The colors are so pretty together. How fun , none of my sisters have time to stamp. Or sister in law.

Mynn xx said...

LOL--this is elegantly hilarious, Lisa! LOVE the gorgeous colors and your teeny tag is fabulous! :)

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card, beautiful colors.

Cyndie said...

Ha, ha! Lisa, you have such a cute sense of humor! I love this card, the colors are so great together and the borders are wonderful. And it looks like there is a touch of glitter on that girl's hat--cool!

Lisa said...

I love the idea of such a clever inside joke :) It's funny that a ham advert could be so beautiful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your vintage valentine is lovely Lisa. I love the image, your colours and your borders. What a fun thing to do with your SIL.

Jill said...

Hee! Your SIL must have gotten a kick out of this! ;-D I'm so jealous that you have a stamping buddy IRL! I love the soft colors you used, and the stamping on the heart border!

Pauline said...

This is so pretty Lisa, love that vintage image, it matches the DP perfectly.

Emily Keaton said...

Lisa, your SIL sounds like quite a hoot! The two of you seem to make a great pair--lots of fun going on with you two!! This is a delightful vintage Valentine. Oink!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Lisa! Such a pretty Vintage image!

Sue Lelli said...

Lisa, you are so LUCKY to have a SIL stamping buddy! FABULOUS card!