Pages

8/18/2012

Dynamic Duos #16 ~ Get Well Soon!

Good Saturday morning! You know what that means...another set of colors from Dynamic Duos. This is black tie week featuring River Rock and Basic Black with the dessert option of brads. I have some paper by My Mind's Eye that I admit I've been hoarding. OK...who am I kidding; I have a lot of paper from My Mind's Eye that I've been hoarding! Somehow I get the feeling I'm not alone ~HA! Anyway let's get down to business shall we.

This pretty floral paper has been in my "too sweet to cut" category for awhile now. But I think I need to embrace the out with the old and in with the new philosophy! After all; there's always pretty new paper to be had. I stamped and punched my SU bird then layered it with foam tape onto MFT: Well Worn Greetings label dies. One cut from river rock and the other from a swiss dot black paper. A PTI: Filligree Border and small Double Ended Banner were die cut from RiverRock. I adhered the punched branches from the bird set to the back of the sentiment banner, curved them to the front, then added it to the card with foam tape. I really like the look of this. I used my dessert option and added a couple of brads here. They remind me of little berries.

Now go get yourselves busy with a card for this latest combo! Can't wait to see what you create. Please take some time to visit the team; they're all linked up on my sidebar ~Lisa 
 



22 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is so elegant, yet a bit of fun at the same time! Lovely card!

Heather Rogers said...

So sweet Lisa! Love that pretty border die. :)

Hugs~

Kim S said...

Well, I am definitely glad you cut into the paper because this is a truly lovely card!

Marie said...

Beautiful card, Lisa. Love the folded branches with that cute bird and the delicate edger. Simply elegant!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful and gorgeous all at the same time. Love this card!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! Love the layered label and sweet bird!

Marybeth said...

Black always makes a card a bit more elegant. Yours is all that and more. Sometimes we just have to use our supplies.
:) enjoy your Sunday ,Lisa.

Karen Aicken said...

Oooh, this is so pretty! I love the MFT dies (I have them too) in these colours ... and that gorgeous border is the perfect finishing touch.
Cheers, Karen

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Lisa, I have that paper too, and like you, found it had to use, but when I did I was so pleased. Gorgeous card!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. I love that sweet bird.

Anne Marie Hile said...

What is this hoarding of papers that you speak of? I use EVERY paper I purchase. Kidding! Haha!! I have a drawer full (ok, maybe 3 drawers) of paper that is "too sweet to cut". Seriously, I'm glad you cut into that pretty paper for your card, though because it is GORGEOUS! I just love the elegant look and how everything seems to pop off the rich background. Just stunning! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER LOVELY! I love the black background and the beautiful birdie!!! Great card all around:)

I am a hoarder! DO NOT worry--you are NOT alone:) <3

Colleen Dietrich said...

You are most DEFINITELY not alone in your hoarding problem, Lisa!! LOL "Hello, my name is Colleen, and I have a problem with cutting patterned paper." ;)

LOVE this card, love this color combo, and you've inspired me to play!

Geri said...

Hellooooo (again), Lisa!! I've had fun browsing around here this AM! So looking forward to getting to know you even better!!

Allisa said...

I love the die cut border against the black background. I am trying to move from the hoarding to using of my stash as well!

Unknown said...

this is lovely! beautiful patterns

alexandra s.m. said...

beautiful card Lisa!
TFS~

Michelle said...

I have soooo many papers in my 'too sweet to cut' catagory! I have to get over that! Beautiful card, Lisa! Love how you added the brads as berries!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty, and your designer paper is definitely the perfect choice for this card!

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful card, love that filigree punch you used!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely not alone, Lisa! I have that same paper, that I've been saving for the perfect project! I can't bring myself to cut it down for a card, though, at least not until I've had a chance to put it into a layout. LOVE what you've done with this duo! Yum!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous design Lisa and very beautiful papers! I adore MME!