Pages

11/02/2012

CPT #4 ~ The Splendor of Autumn!

Another rainy dreary day...blah. But a moment or two of creativity can sure lift the spirits. Not to mention that our master bath looks smashing with the new paint. It dawned on me as we were painting...our bedroom color is the softest pretty green by Martha Stewart called Winter Surf. And our master bath is now a soft whipped creamy shade of white called Snowbound. Hmmm I see a chilly pattern here ~ HA!  But enough of my silliness how about a card!

Following our Creative Paper Trade: Tip Top Shape challenge today we are asking to see your creations made using the simple shape of circles. Now how could I ~a polka dot girl ~ not include those sweet little circles on my card! My card base is one I picked up at Archivers a while back by Doodlebug Designs. Found it in my stash and it was the perfect bright green for our color story board. A pretty round paper lace doily was a fine circular backdrop don't you think. Next up I die cut yet another wee polka dot paper with one of my PTI limitless layers dies. Spellbinders labels 10 die holds my Paper Sweeties sentiment topped with a pretty felt flower crafted by Andrea Budjack and a couple of fussy cut autumn leaves. This sweet A La Art leaf stamp is near to my heart...it came from my son when he was in college. Little Abigail is dressed in her colorful autumn outfit and glammed up a touch with some purple gems...yet another sparkly example of a circle! And as much as I love my polka dots I think buttons fall into a very close second place. Yep that's right more circles!
 

And now I am happy to announce that comment #7 from Tracey McNeely is my give-a-way winner!!! Please email me your mailing info Tracey and I'll get your SU paper collection out to you right away!

That's it for me today friends. Remember you still have another week to link up with us at The Creative Paper Trade! Now go get yourselves busy! ~Lisa

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

She's super sweet, and fabulous use of the bright green.

Heather Rogers said...

So sweet Lisa. I love the felt rolled rose and trio of buttons. :)

Hugs~

Jinny Newlin said...

So sweet, Lisa! LOVE all the felt elements, and you rocked the circle theme!

Marybeth said...

Another adorable card. She looks nice and warm in her fall poncho … now she can go in your chilly room….. smile. Love the scallops and buttons!

Pauline said...

So cute! I love her stripy poncho!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh what a sweet card Lisa! Love the darling image and your beautiful felt flower!

Sonia said...

Hi Lisa
I love your wonderful card, love the image and details.. GREAT JOB!
Thanks for your inspiration.
-Sony

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Lisa. ;-) I really love how you put the colors together with that adorable image. So cute! Your little embellishments are perfect. That doily gives it such a nice feminine feel. Great job! ;-)

Emily Keaton said...

This is darling, Lisa! I really love that pretty felt flower and yummy doily. Beautiful work!

Kelly Griglione said...

Aww, love her striped sweater, and how you arranged all the circles!

Michelle said...

Oh my!! Isn't Abigail gorgeous! Love the buttons on her outfit!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the doily and all the other elements--the colors are amazing on this card, Lisa! :)