Pages

12/16/2012

PDC #161 ~ Merry Christmas!

Hi there! I hope everyone enjoyed a pleasant weekend. Our thoughts and prayers are with those in Connecticut.  As so many of you have also expressed, I needed to hug my family.  We took our son and daughter-in-law to see a movie Friday night. Our son's FAVORITE book EVER was on the big screen...The Hobbit. Today my hubby and I enjoyed an old Jimmy Stewart movie together  ~ The Shop Around the Corner. I would have frequented that little shop! And here's a card I made today for the Play Date Cafe challenge using Evergreen, Gum Drop and Candy Cane Red.


Aren't these wee ones the sweetest! I bought this Stampendous stamp last year at Hobby Lobby. They're stamped and colored on a Labels 10 die by Spellbinders then layered onto a larger die cut using October Afternoon paper. My tiny pine sprigs are made with a Martha Stewart punch. And this sweet ribbon is from Hobby Lobby too. It makes the best bows and they have it in several colors. This red is my favorite! I used glitter on the fur trim and angel wings then added red pearl buttons to their tiny coats.



Thanks for visiting ~Lisa

20 comments:

Veronica Z said...

Lisa, your card is so sweet! I love the adorable image,and your ribbon tied with sprigs of holly...gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

Lesley said...

This is such a precious card Lisa, I love it and the way you used the colours. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Hugs,
Lesley

Heather Rogers said...

This is super sweet! Love that darling image and pretty color combo. :)

Hugs~

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa, this is really such a sweet image! I adore all your pretty embellishments! Glad you had a great day out!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY OH MY! Lisa!!! This is GORGEOUS! I love the papers and the beautiful bow/cluster!!! FAB!!! You nailed these colors!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Lisa, so playful and that ribbon bow is just incredible!

Marybeth said...

Yes, they are so sweet. I have this stamp too and love it. Heaven received quite a few angles on Friday. Sad for those left behind.
Your card is sweet and happy, a nice image to have in my mind. Beautiful!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is SO cute, Lisa. :) I like the button/red gingham ribbon/pine branch clusters!

Jinny Newlin said...

Sweet, sweet, SWEET! I adore this color combo, and that trimmed bow is delish! And that says nothing about that darling image. LOVE this to pieces!

Karen B. said...

Could your card be any cuter? Oh my gosh, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

How sweet is this card? I love how you added the greenery.

Geri said...

So very sweet, Lisa!!! And a perfect match to the inspiration board!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the pink thrown in with the traditional red and green, Lisa! This is darling! :) I hope you'll join me at Technique Tuesday this month! Happy holidays!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute Lisa! Love the sweet image and fancy ribbon treatment! Happy Holidays!

Emily Keaton said...

I love these two little angels, Lisa! A couple of bells must have just rung ;). Great job with the colors! Glad you were able to spend some time with your family. We had an excellent family weekend, too.

Andrea M said...

So beautiful Lisa! The angels are gorgeous!

Kelly Griglione said...

Catching up on blog posts ... love this little beauty, Lisa! These colors are the best. And the pine tree sprigs are such a great detail!!

Melissa said...

This just makes me smile!!! Love the green and pink together (a combo I don't usually think of!) and that bow with it accompanying button is so pretty!! Love this!

Kelly Griglione said...

Yay hooray, congrats Lisa, Ms. Fab Four!!

Michelle said...

What a darling Christmas card....love the two holding hands!!