Pages

2/22/2013

CQC #177 & FMS #74 ~ Congratulations!

Happy Friday! Anything special planned for your weekend? We have a game night planned with our son and daughter-in-law ~ yay! But let's start with my morning shall we. We had freezing rain start this morning so of course ALL concrete is a sheet of ice. Thought maybe I could walk down the front yard and let Max stroll along to do his thing *wink*! He decided to visit the tree and mailbox. Little paws hit the sidewalk and he was slip sliding away. Poor baby was terrified. So....I scooped him up and thought I would just let him roam the back yard for a while ~ you know little pups must go. Well there was a patio for him to cross that totally freaked him out! Poor baby managed his way to the yard and when the job was complete he gave me the sad puppy eyes with one paw on the edge on the patio! It took some REAL bribery with a treat to get him to cross the patio and come back in LOL! I was picturing myself crawling along sheet of ice patio to get the little goober LOL. Oh the drama we had. Anyhoo I doubled up on two challenges today (The ColourQ & Freshly Made Sketches) and came up with this.

 
My PTI mat stack 5 stamp served the purpose for my shape then I added a DeNami circle stamp sentiment with some tiny PTI flowers and leaves by Hero Arts. I stamped the same leaves on my tag, tied a twine bow and popped it up with foam tape. Next I added a die cut PTI bloom, SU button and gems. And there you have it. 


Okay temps have risen to the mid 30's think I'll see if I can convince Max to take a short stroll...wish me luck!! ~Lisa



20 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Lisa I hope Max knows he is a brave boy. let him know that 'Sam' is proud of him, he had his own adverntures in the snow today. Beautiful card and a great take on the colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Nice take on those challenges, Lisa! Loved your Max story.

Patrice said...

Great card...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/02/52-card-pickup-28.html

Michelle said...

Poor Max! I can't imagine doing my thing outside in the frigid temps! I love this sweet card, Lisa! The stamps are so pretty!

Sue Lelli said...

Lisa, LOVE your tag and how you incorporated the colors with that sketch! Your card is very Fresh and Pretty!

Melissa said...

Ice is one of those things I could definitely live without! Our driveway extends up a bit of a steep hill and when we get ice, our boys go sledding on it! :) I don't blame Max for being leery of that concrete...I would be too!

Love, love, LOVE your card! The kraft with that beautiful blue is just gorgeous and the pop of red in the baker's twine...fantastic! :)

Sylvia said...

Lovely tag card Lisa, I love how you used the colors! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at the colourQ.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! I love the white polka dot label and pretty blossom! Great take on the colors ;)

savvy teaching tips said...

I love this, especially with the kraft background. Great card.. Thanks for joining us at the Colour Q this week.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Such a sweet tag and flower! Love your story about Max. My Lucy hates rain or snow! She is SO prissy!

Lisa said...

This color combo is great and I love the mat stamped in white here! So cute, Lisa :)
Poor Max...You'll have to get him some ice skates :)

Kara said...

Ohhh..i love this!! So pretty!! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the ColourQ!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOL! Soooo glad he made it back safely. Those dogs sure liven things up... Don't they? LOVE the white on kraft here, Lisa, and your gemstones are a great touch!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fantastic take on the sketch! Love that tag and the bling! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and colourQ!

And I enjoyed the story about your pooch taking care of business! LOL!

Marybeth said...

Hope you had fun on game night. Those are just the best of times! Max sure knows how to,use his sweet little face, I am suprised he did not convince you to go and get him.
Your. Card is adorable! I like that your red is in the the twine. Love the tag and pretty color with the craft. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! What a fab card--LOVE the color story and I LOVE how you made this A Symmetrical!!! FAB x1000000!

ps...THANK YOU soooooooo much for your sweet comments on my blog last week! It was nice to come back from Jamaica to such encouragement and love:) <3 I hope to catch up on my blog reader this week!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Ahh, such a sucker for white on kraft, and I love that you also combined it with some light blue and green! Nice asymmetric design, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, poor little guy! I can just picture the hesitation. ;-) Hope he's not too traumatized!

Another beautiful card here. Love what you did with these colors. And the sketch, too! Very, very pretty. Love the Kraft.

Wishing you all safe walks in the days ahead. ;-)

Jen Timko said...

Love your colors, love the little tag! Great take on the sketch! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Geri said...

Oh, so sorry I'm so late, Lisa!!! But this is oh, so very soft and lovely! Love the 'off to the side' layout and the colors of papers and embellies you've put with the Kraft/white!!! Beautiful!