Pages

6/01/2013

Moxie Fab World ~ The Gift Challenge!

Hello and a happy Saturday to you! While my hubby worked some overtime today, I took a bit of time to play around in my little art studio. I'm on a roll with this set of Moxie Fab World challenges and made a pretty little notepad for my mom's birthday.


To keep this gift set coordinating, I've used many of the same products that you saw in my last two projects. I did add some sweet felt rolled roses and little flourishes. Both are MFT dies. I thought my fave heart border from PTI would be a nice addition too. Although I see I was off a bit in the placement. Shhh...don't tell my mom ~ hee!!


I picked up a few of these notebooks from Michaels a couple of years ago for $1 each. They're great to have on hand to fancy up for a gift like this! I remove the cover then add my own using Scor Tape on the spine. This paper had sweet little polka dots on one side and a soft peachy color on the other. Perfect for this project. 

Thanks for taking some time out of your day to stop by. I hope you're enjoying your weekend! ~Lisa


18 comments:

Lesley said...

Stunning! What a pretty notebook!

Geri said...

Gorgeous, once again, Lisa!! Your mom won't know what to say!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so pretty, Lisa! LOVE that peach palette! A perfect, little gift!

Greta said...

Love every one of your projects with these gorgeous colors--all so feminine & beautifully done! Your mom is going to love them, I'm sure!

~Tammy~ said...

This is EEK gorgeous! Loving that doily (but you already know that) Heart border....duh you know how I feel about that....and oh my gosh those gorgeous felt flowers! Pick my jaw up now!!!! I am blown away by all of these projects!

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Lisa! I love the gorgeous layered flower and the sweet felt flowers! What an awesome gift!

Unknown said...

beautiful! i love that square doily...so pretty. the flowers are perfect. i was never able to coordinate myself to actually roll them up properly, but you make it look easy!

Unknown said...

Love your roses, they are so tender!

Marybeth said...

I like seeing you use some of the same colors and project a few times in a row....because I do the same thing . I like it and want to just keep using it.
Your notebook cover is gorgeous ! What a fun project!
We we at our grandsons Firs Holy Communion all day yesterday. It was a wonderful day.....I think I was the only one who cried when he received ! I get emotional because I was so happy and proud.

Anonymous said...

Love how you've dressed up this notebook. ;-) Pretty colors and beautiful embellishments. Love it!

Darnell said...

Lisa, you are rockin' Moxie Fab from one end of town to the other lately! Wow! This is such a beautiful design for cards or notebook covers. Me, in awe.

Brenda said...

Simply adore those little rolled felt flowers Lisa!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This sure is dolled up, Lisa! What a smart thing to do, stock up on those $1.00 notebooks and fancify them. (I just made up that word ;)

I'm sure your mom will think it's too pretty to actually use, or maybe that's just me! LOL I'd keep it out and just admire it.

Kim S said...

Absolutely lovely!

Sue Lelli said...

This is so PRETTY, Lisa! Your Mom will LOVE this! Really love the felt roses and that square doily! GREAT way to re-purpose a $1 notepad!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lisa! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Packaging Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Pauline said...

Wow, stunning gift Lisa, those peachy roses are beautiful!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous!!! This is stunning, Lisa! I love the soft colors and the pretty flowers!