Pages

9/20/2013

FMS #104 ~ Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey peeps! Yes I've skipped Halloween and moved right into Thanksgiving LOL!! I was itching to use my PTI Polka Dot Parade #6 stamps and dies and thought they would work perfectly for the latest Freshly Made Sketches challenge.

Sigh...I just love this card! When leafing through my papers, looking for something fall, I came across a portion of a Bo Bunny 12x12 I've had for a long time. The colors on the trees are so pretty. To let my pretty paper show through, I cut a vellum panel and dry embossed it. I used DeNami rhinestones to hold it in place on the left side. Then I layered the Pink Paislee banner on. I added a snippet of a paper doily to the bottom of it ~ LOVE!! And then came my ever so sweet tree. A combo of stamped and die cut leaves topped off with a few more rhinestones. I swoon over the font on this Impress stamp every time I use it!!

Have a delightful day friends! I'm go out and about today to find some fall prettiness for the front porch! Can't decide what color mums to get this year...soooo maaaany choices!!! ~Lisa




21 comments:

Deepti said...

I love this too :) the pattern paper is really very pretty, I like the embossing on vellum n the falling leaves :)

Lin said...

Beautiful mix of elements and a great tribute to the season, Lisa - love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Lisa! This card now is my new fav! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors, the papers, the vellum! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all! AMAZING!

Marybeth said...

So pretty Lisa. Love theBo Bunny papers and the bit of doily,peeking out. I am going to bounce back and forth with Halloween and fall. Have fun fall shopping.

Brenda said...

Lots of beauty going on here Lisa! I love Fall colours, there just is nothing better.

Mona Pendleton said...

So prety Lisa! Love the little tree and gingham layer. Has such a warm country vibe!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the paper! perfect for a beautiful fall card!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh my, that tree is something else. I love how colorful it is!

Karen B. said...

What a beautiful mox of colors and pattern!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a sweet, little tree, Lisa! LOVE that you've added pink to your beautiful, fall palette!

Happy Dance said...

This is just delightful! Love the gingham flag and that smidge of doily peep from underneath. Wonderful colors and great design. Bev

Michelle said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Your new blog theme looks fabulous!!!!
I am swooning over this lovely card...pretty layers and papers!

~Tammy~ said...

That is pretty paper! I love the layout! I think this time of year everyone is making cards for the holidays in no particular order! Anything to get things on the to do list complete! :-)))

Lisa said...

Totally fabulous, Lisa! Lovely papers and the deign you have laid out is wonderful...the embossed vellum piece is so unique too- LOVE it all :)

Unknown said...

gorgeous! I love these papers and the embossed vellum. this is beautiful

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the vellum and the rhinestones and that tree is so Delightful! Happy Thanksgiving card, TFS!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your card and the pretty background paper, that tree is fabulous!

Linda Suarez said...

So much to love about this card Lisa! I especially love the tree with the colorful leaves backed with the gingham banner! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jill Norwood said...

This is so beautiful! I love the papers you used and the sweet tree! This card reminds me of the beauty of a sunset - such a lovely color story!

Geri said...

So pretty, Lisa...love the addition of the soft pink...and all those sweet Fall trees!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, I love your card, too! I truly enjoy my visits to your blog. You are one kind and sweet soul, and your creations really reflect how gentle-natured you are. One heck of a crafter IMO, too!