Pages

11/21/2013

A Vintage Christmas Pair With Top Dog Dies!

Hello sweet friends! Have you had a good week so far? Our weather has turned a bit colder,  had to break out a winter coat...boo! I don't like wearing a coat. My sweet little Max has a special spring in his step when the weather grows colder. And glory be the boy loves snow. You can be sure he'll get his fill of chasing snowballs and shoving his little face into the snow again this year!

The thought of winter weather and warmer coats inspired me to put together this card. I remembered some MME paper I had from last year. I'm showcasing more Top Dog Dies today too. The Darby Doily and Tags set along with the Leafy Flourishes were the starting points. After die cutting them from a shimmery damask white paper, I layered banners (MME paper) under them. I added the cut out portions of the flourish back in with foam tape then brushed a bit of smokey blue chalk over them.

I started with a white card base then a panel of DP covered with vellum was added. There's a lot going on at the top of the card so I thought the vellum overlay would tone things down a bit. Vintage tinsel and sparkly gems seemed appropriate on this card.  My own personal card critic saw it on the computer screen and said "That looks pretty busy, whatever it is"!!!! Shhhhh...I think he might be right, what do you think, too busy?



The card needed a companion so I put together this gift tag. I have a sister-in-law that likes vintage Victorian things and I thought this would be a nice set for her Christmas gift.



I made my own tag then added the die cuts to it. I used a bit of vellum on the Ornament &Tags #1 die cut to keep the soft look going. I love the mix of tinsel and seam binding on this! 



Well I think that does it for me today. Enjoy your day and thanks so much for taking the time to visit. ~Lisa

22 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

So sweet and vintage, Lisa! I love the soft colors :)

Sue Lelli said...

Those dies are Fantastic and your papers are so Lovely! Truly GORGEOUS BOTH and the tinsel detail is Perfect! LOVE!

Anonymous said...

WOW eeeeee gorgeous Lisa!!! I love the die cute and the softness!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both so beautiful Lisa!

Kara said...

sooo beautiful! i love this paper so much. I used for my kit last year for the 12 kits and i love seeing it again on your beautiful projects!!

Clare said...

Mmmm, just love the vintage, yet clean, feel oozing out of this! So sophisticated and pretty!

Joyce said...

This is so vintage and fabulous. I do not think it is too much at all. What could you possibly take away?

Marybeth said...

No ...not to busy I love the vintage look of both the tag and beautiful card! I want to copy it! Shhhh but I saw Kara picked this one for her Friday inspiration board. Because it's gorgeous!

Silke Ledlow said...

FANTABULOUS :) !!!! Love the vintage card and tag!!! Hugs, ~S~

Greta said...

I'm one who's not big on busy, but this one looks great to me! LOVE the tag, too! Great work, Lisa!

~Tammy~ said...

OH my Oh my Oh my is this every B E A U T I F U L! You had me at Aqua! I love that die and those victorian images are da bomb! Smitten to the core!

Claire said...

These look so pretty and Christmassy Lisa - love the addition of the tinsel. Definitely not too busy...if you can't do busy on a Christmas card, when can you lol?!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card is spectacular! It is not too busy! I love it! And I really like how you used the vellum on your tag!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful projects Lisa! Love the pretty paper and fancy metallic trim!

Jill Norwood said...

Lisa both are beautiful! I love the vintage feel and I already re pinned Kara's pin to my board too! Gorgeous my dear!

Michelle said...

Oh my, such vintage lovliness! You used one of my favorite paper pads, Lisa! Love the cascading banners and your pretty ornament tag!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHH! These are super and shabby/vintage! LOVE that tinsel! LOVE the papers and the vellum! AMAZING, Lisa;) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Tina M said...

Ohh Lisa, your card and tag are simply stunning!! The pretty colors, layers and bobbles are just so perfect and beautiful :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

No, not too busy at all! I LOVE it, Lisa. You left lots of 'white' space, so it still feels pretty clean. Great job, and really, really love this! Did I mention I love it? ;)

Kim S said...

Beautiful! So dainty, soft and elegant!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the elegant scrolled diecuts. Romantic!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Well, what a lovely surprise! I received this card in my mailbox today. Oh, Lisa, it's soooo beautiful! Even more so in person.

Thank you so much. :) You are too sweet.

Merry Christmas, my friend, and hope your new year is filled with many wonderful things!