Pages

7/08/2014

cQc #249 ~ Come On Get Happy!

Hi there! Wondering about my post title? Well you see, when Arielle loaded this inspiration photo to the ColourQ team Facebook page I immediately thought of the former TV series The Partridge Family! I've had their opening theme song "Come On Get Happy" running through my head off and on for days!

If this show was before your time, I'll give you a little run down. Widowed mom and her five kids all form a traveling rock band. They traveled around in a multi colored school bus. The opening of the show has a little egg that pops open. Mama partridge bird starts bobbing her head to the beat and her little partridges follow along behind her as Come On Get Happy plays. Here's a YouTube link for the opening of the show if you're interested. Or for you old folks like me who want a trip down memory lane LOL!!!


And here is my tribute card complete with those six "partridges"!



I didn't use a sentiment since the birds (SU) have text on them. My PTI sunflower is stamped in Versamark onto the Island Indigo paper. And I finished things off with some DeNami twine. Hope you like it! ~Lisa



13 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

So so cute! Great play on words! This turned out beautiful! Love the twine! Hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

Lin said...

LOVE it, Lisa, how clever you are! Great use of the colors!

Brenda said...

Beautiful colours and awesome card from your very funny inspiration!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh yes! I can see David Cassidy in my head right now! :) And i am singing in my head now too. ;)

Clever, adorable card Lisa!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, how clever you are! This is a great take on that pillow!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Lisa, this is so CUTE! And YES you made me take a trip down memory lane! LOVE the text on the birds and the flowers in the BG!

Tracey McNeely said...

They are the sweetest birdies Lisa, you mimicked the inspiration perfectly!

Rosemary said...

super cute and clever, lisa!! love where you got your inspiration from... brings back those memories, lol!!

Marybeth said...

Haha, I remember! Your card is beautiful ,love the versa mark sunflowers and colorful birds...so fun!

Kim Heggins said...

Lisa, this is just so much fun and now I can not get that song out of my head either....so cute.

Deepti said...

You have rocked the colors with this stunning design, Love the stamped birdies :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute and cheerful card Lisa! Love the fun birds!

Greta said...

Wow--this is terrific, Lisa!