Pages

6/18/2015

RS #168 ~ Daddy!

Hey there! I have a card to share today that Sweet P will be giving her daddy for Father's Day!! I used this week's Retro Sketches challenge as my inspiration.


That little bit of rebel came out in me while designing this! I went with a rounded banner rather than a pointed one like the sketch. Actually, I already had that die cut laying on my desk and wanted to use it up. I think it works. I used a PPP Stitched Borders 2 Die on the angled piece and the Picket Fence Die for the horizontal piece from the sketch. Isn't this tiny fox the sweetest thing! I just bought him at the stamp convention in April from the Prickley Pear booth. My letters are from a set I picked up at Jo-Ann eons ago. All of the DP is by Crate Paper

I forgot to photograph the inside. Sweet P put her signature in there for her daddy! I rubbed some chalk on the end of her teeny little finger and let her put it on the card!! 




Have a great day friends and thanks so much for stopping by! ~Lisa

26 comments:

Kara said...

So sweet!

LeAnne said...

Adorable! I have a little fence punch and I always forget about it! Great interpretation of the sketch too!

Lin said...

Darling card, Lisa, and I really like your idea for her "signature"!

Becca Cruger said...

You're a rebel and you'll never be any good! Now I've got that song stuck in my head... thanks. haha! This is SOOOOOO adorable! I bet Sweet P's papa will just adore this.

Anonymous said...

This card is so adorable! Love the use of your die cuts to create a scene. Perfection!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, you used one of my favourite patterned paper lines on your card -- I love it! As well as that adorable fox! Fabulous card, Lisa!

Annette Allen said...

so cute.. We both used foxes on our cards.. yay..
I love the fence in the background.. fun card..

Anonymous said...

Great take on the sketch and that fox is adorable!!!

I Card Everyone said...

The cutest little fox I've ever seen - see! I did miss out on some things! Love the colors in the Crate Paper collection.
Your son is going to love this, Lisa!
=] M

Deepti said...

So adorable! the fence and the layering of patterned paper looks awesome :)

Jo Herbert said...

What a gorgeous card! Such fun elements you have added. Hugs Jo

Vicki Dutcher said...

CUTE! It will be a keeper for Daddy with her "signature" on it ;)

Rosemary said...

super sweet card, lisa!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Lisa! Great mix of papers and the fun fox image!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

That little fox is so cute! Love the different shape panels!

Kay Miller said...

Awwww what a sweet card! I love that adorable little fox and all of your layering is so pretty!

Greta said...

Lovely papers & such a sweet card, Lisa! Love how you used the sketch & I know Sweet P's daddy will treasure this!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sweet P is talented like her Grammy! Love the soft subtle colours!

Yuki said...

This is such a sweet card! I'm sure it'll make Sweet P's daddy so happy! :)

Darnell said...

I'm with you, Lisa, you can't start a child too young in the making of card art!! LOL! You are just the best mom and grandmom! And this card is fascinating to me with the way you did the pp and the fence!! Have a wonderful Father's Day with the family!! Hugs, Darnell

Joyce said...

This is adorable, and will clearly be a keepsake in the family.

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Sweet Card and your take on the Sketch!! Such a FUN Fox Image too!! =)THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love the beautiful patterned papers and that adorable fox!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

such a playful card and fun use of the design!

Mynn xx said...

This is fabulous, Lisa! I LOVE the great mix of dies--so clever! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Jinny Newlin said...

Way to rock those dies, girl! So sweet!