Pages

11/24/2015

cQc #318 ~ Happy Thanksgiving!

Howdy doody! How are your Thanksgiving plans coming along? We'll have a full house this year, 13 adults and two babies!! The house will smell delish once I get those pumpkin pies in the oven tomorrow! I think I look forward to my pumpkin pie as much as the turkey...who am I kidding...the pumpkin pie has my heart ~ hee!!

Are you ready for our new cozy autumn palette from ColourQ? Here's a little inspiration from me.


I did a some watercolor smooshing to get a rusty background. I stamped the wheat (Magenta) with brown ink then used a Tombow marker and water brush to color it in. I die cut this panel with a PTI Mat Stack die. More of the wheat was stamped onto a kraft panel along with an Impress sentiment. After everything was put together I added Wink of Stella to the wheat  bundles.



Okay, now it's your turn to get inky and link up for this week's challenge! Have a splendid day friends! ~Lisa


19 comments:

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous Thanksgiving card..

Leigh Penner said...

This is lovely, Lisa!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Lisa! What a great Thanksgiving image, and I love the sentiment. Super inspiration photo as well!

~Tammy~ said...

Pretty as can be Lisa! Love the design and colors!

Yummy...I can smell your pumpkin pies now.


I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

I Card Everyone said...

Just so pretty, Lisa ... almost as pretty as the one that arrived iny mailbox today!! Thank you!!
=]

Rosemary said...

what a lovely thanksgiving card, lisa!!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow Lisa, this is so beautifully done! Love your take on the color combo!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card -- you have a great Turkey day -- Your full house should be fun!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving card Lisa...love your wheat.

Marybeth said...

This is just beautiful , Lisa! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of pie and blessings!

Becca Cruger said...

Oooooo - Krafty goodness!!! I love how the wheat stalks are popping with color in the foreground and then muted in the background. Great design!

Sue Lelli said...

So pretty! Happy Thanksgiving!

Silke Ledlow said...

Perfect Thanksgiving card! Wishing you a wonderful time with your family tomorrow!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving card Lisa! I hope you had a wonderful day with your family!!

Claire said...

Hope you have had a fabulous thanksgiving Lisa - sounds like you have a house full! Love how you've used the colours for this...the perfect, rustic card!

Greta said...

Love the Magenta wheat & your watercoloring, Lisa! Gorgeous & perfect card for Thanksgiving! Bet you had a fun day!

Deepti said...

Oh my this is gorgeous, I like how the stamping continues beyond the focal piece :)

Joyce said...


What a gorgeous Thanksgiving card this is. And, I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday.