Pages

3/27/2020

Love


CAS(E) this sketch has a real doozy this week. I jumped in head first though LOL! The first couple of tries had me struggling to stay afloat. Not one to throw in the towel, I jumped back in the pool and this happened!


TA-DA!!

This patterned paper was with me from the beginning. It was the other two areas that gave me a hard time. I finally pulled out my Altenew Beautiful Day set. I stamped the small floral image with Versa Mark ink then heat embossed them gold. The deep V in the middle is actually a linen vellum.  My sparkly gold sentiment is Impression Obsession.


I asked my favorite in house critic if he liked it. 
He said "Yeah, I guess... if you like that sort of thing." 
Gotta love him, he's honest!!


16 comments:

Anita in France said...

Rich, elegant and sophisticated, Lisa ... gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

LeAnne said...

Very pretty!! This sketch had me scratching my head, and speaking of scratching, I scratched the first one...maybe I'll try again! Your pretty gold and yellow make for a sunshiney card!

Marcia Hill said...

"If you like that sorta thing"...bahahaha!! Yep, gotta love those honest critics! I think it's absolutely beautiful Lisa and so glad you didn't give up! I love that smaller stamp in the Beautiful Day set and it sure worked perfectly to go along with your PP! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Kim Heggins said...

This is simply stunning!!! Really love how it turned out and happy you jumped back in the pool!

I Card Everyone said...

I love that kind of thing, Lisa... love it even more that it was made specifically for us at CTS! It is a 'doozy' of a Sketch which makes it that much more special, my friend!
I can totally see why you wanted to use that yellow lace - Wowzers, that is so pretty... and sets the stage for your other v's beautifully!
Thanks for playing... we'll keep your critic just the same! xx
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the sketch!

Rosemary said...

lovely your beautiful and elegant take on the sketch, lisa!

Greta said...

Good for you keeping at it, Lisa! Such a lovely card!

Celeste Goff said...

You always knock your cards out of the park Lisa! This one is no exception...it's simply gorgeous and a perfect take on the sketch!

Jen W. said...

Glad you stuck with it, Lisa - this is gorgeous!

TK said...

Practice makes perfect (or at least that's what I keep telling myself)! Your card is great, and your husband's comment is hilarious and relateable!

Bobby said...

I love the lacy paper you started with, Lisa, and you added just the right accent with the gold embossing.

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card..

Tracey McNeely said...

Wonderful card for the sketch!

Cindy Beach said...

Great take on the sketch, Lisa, hilarious comment from your husband! You were brave to tackle this one and I love the result!

Kim S said...

This is gorgeous! The mix of that patterned paper with the golden flowers, butterflies and sentiment is stunning.