Pages

8/24/2023

Lovely

I just love The Stamp Market's products and couldn't resist their new Scalloped Frame and Hello Lovely Bloom dies. I put them both together for a second entry at The Flower Challenge. Take a look...

I cut the frame from gold paper then added polka dot vellum to the center. It's such a sweet size ~ 3 1/2" x 5". The large blooms were cut from striped paper and the wee ones from a coordinating paper in the same paper pad. There was a bit of trial and error getting the stand for the frame in the correct spot. Then there is the die cut sentiment that is super thin and a little tricky to get out of the die without tearing it. Ask me how I know! But I love the end result!

 


Thanks for stopping by for a visit.



15 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty shaped card well done

Kim S said...

I just got those blooms too!! I have to put your card in my inspiration file because I LOVE how you used them with patterns and I would not have thought to do that!

I Card Everyone said...

That sentiment might be tricky, but it surely is LOVELY! [have you tried the drier sheet trick?]
Lisa, striped flowers AND dotted vellum?? You've aced our challenge, my friend!
=]

Viv said...

Wow such a clever card Lisa ! love the way you have also added stripes AND spots too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Christine Alexander said...

great card, love the designer paper you used for the flowers ♥

Loll said...

Sweet card Lisa! LOVE the oval shape with gorgeous gold frame ... and your pretty layered flowers cut from patterned paper. xx

Bonnie said...

Lovely is the perfect word for this card, Lisa! Love the scalloped oval and the gold makes this so elegant!

Trina P. said...

A lovely card indeed! Fabulous idea to make a shaped card.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I love those striped flowers! The smaller flowers provide a perfect balance and make the stripes look even prettier. Skinny sentiment die cuts can make me crazy, but I love the look. How sweet this is, Lisa!

Marcia Hill said...

So, so much to LOVE about this card Lisa!! The frame is fabulous (thanks so much for sending me one!!) and I'm absolutely loving the flowers, the vellum, and that beautiful die cut sentiment too!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! ❤️

Bobby said...

What a great way to add stripes for our challenge, Lisa. Those blooms are fun and fabulous in that striped paper. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

TK said...

Adorably sweet -- I love the patterned flowers!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Lisa! I like The Stamp Market products too :) !!!

Annette Allen said...

wow stunning. I love those flowers and all the dimension.. love it

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the gold, oval frame and what a creative and wonderful way to add dots and stripes!