Pages

10/03/2011

CFC #22 & WMC #70 ~ Cupcake Fairy!

Welcome! I have a whimsical card to share today. I made this for the "feeling loopy" challenge at CAS-aul Fridays.  And the "favorite technique" challenge at Wee Memories Scrappy Saturdays. What's my favorite technique...I love adding dimension to my cards and sprinkling them with bling! Oh the bling, the twinkle, the sparkle,  the pizazz...yep, yep, yep I like that!!! But just a smidgen...lets not get crazy here!




 

Now who wouldn't enjoy a yummy cupcake delivered by this sweet fairy? Isn't she just the cutest bit of whimsy! She's from Past Time Stamps (no longer in business...boo!). I stamped her in sepia ink onto white cardstock and colored her with markers and chalk then added Stickles for her twinkling wings. Backed with a chocolate cardstock and loops of argyle ribbon; it's mounted onto the card with foam tape. I looped the ribbon around her wrist and over the branch for her to "deliver" the yummy stickled cupcakes (stamp by Judith). The hearts (also popped up) are a Fiskars punch and the flower gems are Hero Arts.

Be sure to stop by both blogs to get an eyeful of inspiration! You're sure to be left feeling loopy after that...great stuff to gander at my friends! And just what's your favorite technique?  ~ Lisa


18 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty. Love the sweet image and how you used the ribbon. Perfect. :o)

Ally said...

And this little fairy is so delightful! And adding cupcakes never ever hurt anything, right??! ;-D Lovely card.

Annette Allen said...

aww very pretty and creative... love it..

Lisa said...

She is adorable! And yes, I would love to have a cupcake from her (or anyone- hint hint!) LOL
Pink and brown is an unbeatable combination- Love it!

Marlena M. said...

Awww, she's sweet! This is lovely and sparkly, Lisa. ;)

My favorite technique...heat embossing! Magical moment when it transforms. ;)

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute Lisa! Love her shimmery wings and the little cupcakes :)

Marybeth said...

Adorable perfect loops. Love the pink and brown.

Becky said...

She is beautiful! Love the sparkle and those ribbon loops are too cute!

Cyndie said...

Oh, how cute! Those are such cute sparkly wings and cupcakes (hmmm...they are making me hungry!) and I love the patterned ribbon!

Laura Davis said...

What a sweet card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous way to showcase the ribbons in two different ways, Lisa!So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Definitely the "cutest bit of whimsy" I have seen in a long time! The details are delightful, Lisa! Hugs xxaxx

Giovana said...

SO pretty!! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

Michelle said...

Lisa, this is soooo AMAZING!!! I love the loops and the glittery wings! love the sweet angel image and soft background paper! beautiful!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, my gosh, a cupcake fairy! I didn't know one existed. I shall have to await a visit from her. ;)

Love how you dangled cupcakes from those ribbons.

Michele Gross said...

So whimsical and cute! Love the ribbon you chose :) Glad you had fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laurel Beard said...

So wonderful! Loving the ribbon and how you showcased it here! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories this week!

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Very cute ! i love the sparkly wings and the clever way you use the ribbon.Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories Challenge :)