Pages

7/30/2014

Catered Crop ~ Smile!

Okay just where did July go??? And June for that matter!! I can't believe how fast this summer is flying by. Why is it that those long cold winter months drag on forever, but summer is gone in the blink of an eye? Oh well what's a girl to do...make a card to cheer herself up ~HA!!! 

The Catered Crop has a vellum challenge going on. I haven't played along with them lately, so I put my Pretty Peonies (PTI) set to work again. I die cut three of the blooms, stamped them with kraft ink and set them aside to dry. Next I stamped this adorable mason jar and label (Oh So Fun set) from Precious Remembrance Shop onto an ivory panel. The smile sentiment is from the Positive Thoughts set.


I made a table base for my jar using my water pen and kraft ink. To color the peonies, I turned them over then colored them with Tombow markers. After deciding how to arrange them in the jar, I stamped the leaves, then added the peonies with foam tape. They look so pretty and have a lovely curviness to the ends of the petals!

Thanks for popping in today. I'll be back tomorrow with a new Paper Sweeties August Inspiration challenge! Hope to see you then ~Lisa

23 comments:

Maureen Merritt said...

Wow, this is stunning!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Lisa, just love your gorgeous vellum flowers!

Marybeth said...

Lisa this should go in a frame to keep forever! Its gorgeous! LOVE, LOVE It!
On my way to Mass.. that little granddaughter of yours is going to get a few extra prayers :)

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Lisa! Just GORGEOUS! LOVE the Beautiful blooms and of course the PRsentiment and jar! Great idea for the table! LOVE!

Kara said...

beautiful!

Judy1223 said...

Lisa, this is STUNNING! Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous, and I love them in that sweet PRS jar! Just gorgeous!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh my goodness, this is jaw droppingly lovely!

~Tammy~ said...

OH MY STARS this is GORGEOUS!!!

Melissa said...

Lisa, I just want to reach into the computer and touch those peonies!!! They are absolutely stunning! Honestly, this is frame worthy! :)

Patti said...

you are an artist! your card is simply stunning!

Patti

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Lisa! Those flowers look amazing!

Kim S said...

Beautiful! So soft and elegant!

Deepti said...

oh this is the prettiest card ever :) love it!!

Mynn xx said...

This is SO soft and pretty, Lisa! LOVE the gorgeous scene you created! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

Lindsey said...

Simply gorgeous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Do you have any idea how incredible this is--so so gorgeous Lisa! LOVE

Rosemary said...

drop dead gorgeous, lisa!

Greta said...

My jaw hit the floor--this is over the top gorgeous, my friend!

Linda McClain said...

Holy Crap on a Cracker! This is so stunning and beautiful and gorgeous all combined into one! I'm in love.

Joyce said...

This is just gorgeous. I never would have thought to make those flowers from vellum and color the back and now I want to try it too. also, I love how you made that table to ground your vase. And, you didn't even have a table stamp.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMGOMG OMG!! BEYOND BEAUTIFUL!! =) WOWOWOWOW!! I LOVE the Design and the colors!! Well DONE!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

LauraJane:) said...

Soft and LOVELY arrangement!
Looking forward to reading more about you in TCBH tag from Darnell.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Whoa. This is seriously stunning, in a soft way. Well done, my friend, well done. :) (but then, that's always what I think when I visit your blog)