Pages

7/29/2014

cQc #252 ~ You're Special!

A happy Tuesday to you! I have a card to share today featuring the new ColourQ palette. Arielle has given us an inspiration photo with cute felt Christmas ornaments. I couldn't quite get myself into the Christmas frame of mind, but I did use a sweet little deer!



I focused on the deer and the stitched edges of the ornaments.  I had this white panel left over from another project. It was already die cut with my PPP Stitched Borders 1 die. I added a second cut from red card stock. The little fawn and sentiment are by DeNami Design along with the woodgrain embossing folder. I layered two lengths of die cut (IO) grass. Isn't the polka dot grass cute!



There's an theme of animal magic at City Crafter Challenge Blog, so I'll be linking this up there. And it's embossed so off to SSS it goes!

So what will you do with the colors? Are you in the mood for Christmas in July? Can't wait to see what you make. Don't forget to visit the ColourQ team, they have some beautiful inspiration to share! ~Lisa

22 comments:

Geri said...

This is so sweet, Lisa! I love the little deer and the warm woodgrain panel!

Sue Lelli said...

Your CARD is so Special! And that sweer deer made me smile! LOVE it, Lisa!

Judy1223 said...

LIsa, this is the coolest card design! I love the embossed wood and the circular edge over the adorable deer and sweet grass! CUTE!!!!

Rebekah Weckerly said...

very cool design!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic Lisa! Yes definitely a Christmas palette but you created such a sweet card. Love those stitched borders!

jenn shurkus said...

I'm not quite ready to start designing holiday cards, but your card is totally pushing me that way! it is so cute :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Greta said...

Love this card, Lisa! Terrific use of the color inspiration!

Mynn xx said...

Super duper darling! LOVE the glittery accents on your deer! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Lisa! That little fawn is darling and I love the embossed background! Perfect fit!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Lisa, I love all the elements you put together, but I really love the wood grain embossing! I am not ready for Christmas cards either!!!Just too hot here. Hope you have had a good day!

Deb said...

Ah Lisa, this is gorgeous! I love the stitched border and embossing folder combination!

Anonymous said...

This is to cute Lisa!!! I love the design and how you did the wood grain!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

super sweet, love the curve in your design!
Sorry your summer is missing, hopefully it will come back soon. :)

Joyce said...

Just sweetness all over this card--the cute deer, the polka dot grass, those fabulous stitched lines, and that very fun wood grain. Love it all.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

What a perfect card for our challenge! So lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Marybeth said...

Adorable and I love the woodgrain to the side!

Patti said...

Adorable little fawn! and I really like that embossing folder!

That picture of the ... hamster? on the flower made my day! how sweet is that!?!

Patti

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh, that little deer is so cute, I wanna take him home with me! Love the embossed woodgrain and your 3d grass! :)

Rosemary said...

way too adorable, lisa!

Larissa Heskett said...

AWESOME!! I LOVE the SWEET Design and the woodgrain embossing!! =) Such a GREAT take on the challenges!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is awesome, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!