Pages

9/09/2020

Autumn Blessings


In the midst of all this craziness 2020 has given us, there is a bright spot. Our little Sweet P started virtual kindergarten here at gramma's house on Tuesday! Talk about one excited little girl! Things have started off smoothly. She'll be with me three days a week and daddy has arranged his schedule to take over the other two. Mommy is teaching virtual 1st grade.

Speaking of daddy, he received a bad dog bite on his wrist today. Upper and lower fangs of a large dog went down to the bone. He was assisting his vet at his clinic and took the bite to save her from it. No stitches, they don't stitch dog bites due to the bacteria involved. But he's in a lot of pain. Breaks my heart.

I've been so busy that I'm squeaking this card in under the wire at CAS(E) this Sketch. Just Us Girls is looking for leaves, so I'll add it to their gallery too.


I added leaves and the grid from PRS's Fall Colors set and a sentiment from SSS. I'm not quite ready for traditional fall colors yet. It's hard to get in that mood when it's 90 and humid! 


Thanks for stopping by. 
I'll see you tomorrow with a new Inspired By post!


13 comments:

Rosemary said...

so pretty and delicate, lisa!

I Card Everyone said...

So beautiful, Lisa! It adds the most beautiful touch of what's left of Summertime to our CTS gallery, even though this pretty little sentiment label says Autumn!
I'm so sorry to hear about Joe... hope he's doing well, and that they've kept that bacteria at bay!
You will be a wonderful Kindergarten teacher's assistant!
=]

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: So pretty! Just beautiful! Mari

TK said...

Beautiful fall collage card! Love the texturizing elements that add so much beauty.

Hope your son (SIL?) is okay and heals quickly! Enjoy Sweet P!

Tami said...

Love your autumn card and love the colors you picked! I have this set as well from PR! It’s a great Fall set and I just love the detailing on the leaves. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Anita in France said...

Dreamy and delicate, Lisa ... so pretty! Do hope Sweet P's daddy is healing well by now. Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Oh no--so, so sorry about your son. That is scary & I pray he heals quickly. Must be so fun to have Sweet P with you doing Kindergarten! So good that even though it's virtual she's excited. Your card is beautiful, Lisa! I'm going to pull out my PRS leaves thanks to your inspiration!

Annette Allen said...

this card is just beautiful.. totally love it.

Ivana Camdzic said...

So very beautiful!!

Karen B. said...

Such a beautiful card, you have such a way with portraying softness.

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a beautiful card Lisa, the.soft coloured leaves are so pretty. I'm sorry to hear about your son's dog bite, sounds like it was deep I hope he heals quickly.

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty. I love the stamps you chose. The leaves are really pretty!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

gorgeous!