Pages

4/29/2021

Inspired By #172 ~ Happy Retirement

 

Hi there, it's time for a new Inspired By challenge! I don't know anyone who is retiring, but this key ring looks like my kind of vacation. Flip flops, sunglasses and palm trees... yes please! I think we're all probably long overdue for a vacation. Until that happens for us, I'm having a little paper get-a-way!


I was inspired by the heart and flip flop charms along with the colors. I've been hoarding my last little snippets of this green patterned paper way too long. I must say, it looks quite lovely cut with this PTI From the Heart Border die. My sentiment and cute little flip flops are heat embossed. I was so happy to have captured the shine of this silver paper! 

I might just tuck this into my hubby's suitcase when we finally get to have a real vacation!  We both received our second vaccine yesterday, so who knows what this summer holds for us!

Let go see how the team was inspired, shall we. Then maybe you can find time to join us this week at IB. We sure would love to have you!


17 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a sweet die to use on that lovely green paper, and your little flipflop is the perfect addition! Love your silver touches too!

Danni Reid said...

Oh the green against the shiny silver is so beautiful Lisa! I love how you were inspired, you inspire me so much!

I Card Everyone said...

That sweet green paper found the perfect time to come out of retirement, Lisa! Cutest little flip-flops ever - and a vacation would certainly be something to celebrate! A warm-up to retirement, maybe?
Hope your Summer plans will include a stop in Michigan!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute inspired card. Love the tiny flip flops too 😀

Rosemary said...

Once again your take on the inspiration photo is so incredibly clever, Lisa! Wonderful card!

Birgit said...

This is adorable Lisa, and definitely has a tropical vibe to it. I hope you and your hubby get to enjoy some time away soon. Happy crafting friend!

Celeste Goff said...

What a lovely card Lisa! Love the green and silver combo!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lisa this is such a fun card for a retirement card! Love how you were inspried!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love your chain of hearts. The patterned paper is so fun and I love those flip flops!

TK said...

How fun, and your little flip flops are wonderful t

Cindy Beach said...

Your lovely paper with layered hearts is perfect for this dream vacation card! I hope you do really get to have a vacation! We just got back from ours, a trip to FLA. You know what? I am now socially challenged!

Bobby said...

Not a flip-flop wearer but I do love them on your card, Lisa. The green and silver color scheme is fabulous.

Greta said...

Sweet heart die & love the flip flops! So glad you guys are vaccinated!

Anita in France said...

So sweet and whimsical, Lisa ... the shiny silver is fabulous with those fresh greens! Hugs, Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card....love your wonderful green hearts, so sweet.

Nora Noll said...

This is amazing!! I love that you encorporated the silver and green colors, and that die you used is awesome!!! Great design!

Karen B. said...

Love the shiny scalloped border!