Pages

6/03/2021

Inspired By #177 ~ Shred the Cake

 

 

Hiya peeps! Ready to get your masculine card making caps on for this week's  Inspired By?

 


I can't lie, this one threw me for a loop! Like so many of you, masculine cards take a bit longer for me. Once I finally found a jumping off point, things started to flow. See the gray portion of the bedding with the diamond pattern? That put the wheels in motion for me. I decided to play with pattern. 

First came the diamonds in an embossed form. The pattern on those large square pillows in the back inspired the teal paint swipes. Then the bottom of one of those skate boards inspired the grid image. Finally I used round splatter images as a nod to the holes in the helmet on the nightstand. Viola, a masculine card!

There are so many things in this photo to pull from. Zoom in on it and have a look around. There's even a piggy bank in there! We can't wait to see what you create!





15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness, you're right! There IS a piggy bank! What wonderful advice, Lisa - zooming in is the right thing to do!
LOve your cool card, my friend! The textures, colors, and grid lines are fabulous!
=]

Birgit said...

What a great take on the inspiration photo! This one would have me stumped too. Your design and all the texture on this card just shines Lisa!

Cindy Beach said...

I love this, Lisa! Your pattern play is a beautiful interpretation! Lots to see in your details too.

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome Lisa you captured shredding by creating a cool grunge look! Love this!

Annette Allen said...

awesome card.. love the artsy background.

Rosemary said...

awesome take on the inspiration photo, lisa! you make creating a masculine card look so easy!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!!! You knocked this challenge out of the park Lisa! I'm loving ALL the pattern you included in your masculine card and the colors are fabulous too! FABULOUS card my friend!! :0)

Silke Ledlow said...

I‘m with you Lisa...masculine cards throw me off too...you my friend rocked it...the grunge look is totally awesome!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Awesome card, Lisa! I can't figure out masculine cards. haha haha You are a rock star! ☺☺☺ Mari

Danni Reid said...

You SHREDDED it! (No skateboarders here either but I’ve learned that’s a good thing like skiing hahaha! ) This card inspired me so so much to work with some masculine patterns this week!

LeAnne said...

This is so cool! You have a real artist's eye to pick out the "unobvious" elements of this inspiration photo and put them to awesome use! I LOVE this, so graphic and definitely a great masculine creation! I totally missed that piggy bank, and I even have one just like it on my key chain!!!

Greta said...

How you use photos to come up with a design is amazing, Lisa! What a great masculine card!

Karen B. said...

You make masculine cards look so good!

Kim S said...

Wonderful use of the inspiration - I love the texture and the graphic look!

Anita in France said...

Fabulous collage stamping and layering, Lisa ... cool, texture-y and wonderfully funky! Hugs, Anita :)