Pages

9/12/2021

Waffle Flower Weekly Challenge ~ Theme: Fall Critters!

 


What a treat and an honor it is to be designing along with Jeanne and Kelly for Waffle Flower's September weekly challenge! This week we're playing with fall critters.

When Sweet P (my granddaughter Penelope, for any newcomers to my blog!) and I take walks together she's always on the lookout for acorns, pretty leaves and little critters scampering about. She calls them treasures! Since she's in school this year, we'll have to settle for paper versions of those things. I've made some treasures just for her that will find their way to the mailbox this fall!



I've used the adorable Home Sweet Home Combo on my first card. I stamped, Copic colored and die cut almost every element from the set! The Knitted Background Stencil provided the perfect cozy spot for their autumn/winter home. The sentiment is from the Rejoice Rabbit set. Wouldn't Sweet P be tickled pink if she found an acorn big enough for a family of squirrels! Now THAT would be a real treasure!



Card number two features the Stamp-n-Stencil: Fall for You set. I used the set a bit differently composing my own arrangement of leaves for the wee mouse to nap in. We haven't found a mouse on any of our walks, not sure if I want to! But I think she'll enjoy this sweet sleepy fella.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Thank you so much, Jeanne for inviting me to join your challenge team this week!  I do hope some of you will play along. After all, there are $25 gift certificates to be won! You can find all of the details on the WF challenge blog. Now lets go see what Jeanne and Kelly have to share!


15 comments:

Kelly S. said...

How how adorable your first scene is! I love thinking of you and your granddaughter on those walks. The second card is as crisp and serene as a fall morning! So glad we got to play along together as guests for this challenge! ❤️

Nora Noll said...

Both these cards are ADORABLE!! I love how you colored in all those fall elements on the first card. Your squirrel is just too cute!!! I also like all your layering. The second card is so sweet with that tiny mouse sleeping on the leaf. FABULOUS design on both!! Congratulations on the GD gig!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun times. Well done with the challenge and, cute couple of cards! 😀

Rosemary said...

what a totally adorable set of cards, lisa! little penelope will love getting these treasures in the mail! congrats on your guest designing spot!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wonderful autumn themed cards, Lisa, but the first one has my heart. I love all of those wonderful little images arranged so well together. Fall is my favorite season.

Rachel Jolley said...

You always create the sweetest and prettiest of creations! TFS🤩

I Card Everyone said...

Look at that! Three fabulous 12 Kit-ers in one wonderful place!! Both of your cards are darling, Lisa. I'm particularly fond of that little acorn. It brings me back to walks with my own granddaughter... the acorn caps were worn by the fairies that lived in our woods!
So happy to see you creating for Waffle Flower, and together with Jeanne, and Kelly again!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my...such sweet cards Lisa!! That little squirrel nestled all snug in the acorn and surrounded by all the beautiful leaves is just the cutest...Sweet P's gonna love it! And your softer 2nd card with the tiny mouse sleeping on the leaf is absolutely ADORABLE!! Sweet P's gonna love this one too! Cute, CUTE cards my friend and congrats on your GD spot!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

Wonderful card, Lisa. I'm sure Sweet P is going to love getting them in the mail.

Greta said...

Beautiful cards, Lisa! Sweet P will love her "treasures" card!

Kim S said...

Charming cards!! Maybe not quite a substitute for those found treasures on a fall walk - but close!!

Celeste Goff said...

Such beautiful cards Lisa! I love the autumn card especially...it's my favorite time of year. I love the crispness of the air, the colors, and the comfort foods!

TK said...

SWEET cards -- there are lots of treasure on these two to delight your granddaughter!

Annette Allen said...

aww your cards are adorable.. enjoy those sweet walks.

Birgit said...

This is just as sweet as can be! I recently went for a walk on the trails with my niece and her three little ones, and we did come across a little mouse that scampered across our path. The kids were delighted, me.... not so much.