Pages

12/07/2022

tiny baby, silent night

 

Our cards went in the mail yesterday. Sweet P put all of the postage stamps on for me! She keeps telling me, "Just let me know if your need help gramma."  ♥  More on that at the end of this post. You came here for a card, right? This one will be added to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge gallery.


Nothing says Christmas like baby Jesus! This is a sweet set I picked up from Reverse Confetti during their closing sale. I used a Gellyroll pen on the horn and halo. Wink of Stella gave her those sparkly wings! I added the images to an arched stamped with PFS's winter berry then popped them onto the kraft panel embossed with a folder from SG. The sweet sentiment is one I bought at a stamp convention from a company called Morning Star Stamps. It goes perfectly with this set!

 


Sweet P spent a few hours with us after school on Friday. I saved the Nativity set as a surprise for her to set up. She carefully unwrapped each piece and wanted to talk about each of them She got so excited when she unwrapped Mary and baby Jesus! She said "They're the most important, gramma!"
  "You point where I should put it and I'll do everything. Okay, gramma?"

 


When she finished she wanted to say a prayer to baby Jesus. 

What a blessing this little girl is!


19 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwww...your card couldn't be any sweeter Lisa, but I think your granddaughter praying to baby Jesus is the absolute SWEETEST!! Hugs. :0)

JoAnn said...

Love your sweet card.
What a blessing to have your "Sweet P" to help set out the nativity and to say a prayer to baby Jesus. Such a precious photo. TFS

LeAnne said...

That Sweet P keeps getting sweeter every day! Loved to see her with the Nativity! And that card.....just as sweet!

Trina P. said...

Another sweet card. As they say, he is the reason for the season… and your granddaughter knows it. She’s precious and I can tell you are one proud gramma!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa. Your post made me tear up. What a beautiful story, and a beautiful little soul your Granddaughter is. Your card is beautiful too...

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling angel card, Lisa, but the star of the post is Sweet P! What a lovely helper she is - lucky you!!

I Card Everyone said...

Your card is as sweet as it can be - love the sentiment, Lisa! and what a darling embossing folder!
Penelope did a wonderful job setting up your darling Nativity set - what little girl wouldn't like to handle every precious piece? Such a darling photo!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Such a sweet card, and what a lovely experience.

Annette Allen said...

Sweet P is the sweetest. So awesome to see she is praying. I LOVE IT.. your card is the cutest.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super sweet!

TK said...

Sweet, sweet card - such a precious image but I believe Sweet P might be just as sweet! A blessing, indeed

Loll said...

Your Sweet P is so adorable, Lisa. What a blessing indeed! And she is so helpful. She did a great job setting up the nativity scene.

Adorable card with the sweet angel. xx

Bobby said...

You have two angels on your blog today, Lisa. The one on your card is darling and I love that sentiment stamp. The other one is precious beyond words. So glad she loves to help out when she can.

Bonnie said...

Such a sweet card and the sentiment is extra sweet and perfect with for this scene! Your Sweet P is adorable!

Birgit said...

This card is even more adorable in real life. It is incredibly sweet as is your darling sweet "P". What a precious moment for you two to share together.

Rosemary said...

adorable card and adorable granddaughter. she truly is a blessing to you and to those around her! well done, gramma!

Greta said...

That is one sweet granddaughter--& a cutie, too! Just love that she wants to help you & she knows what Christmas is all about! Love every element of your darling card, Lisa!

Darnell said...

I think you and grandpa can take a lot of credit for what a blessing Sweet P is, Lisa! Thank you for sharing the photo and the story of setting up the nativity with that precious girl. And speaking of precious, what a wonderful card design heralding the birth of baby Jesus! Have a Merry Christmas, my friend! I pray your hand is healing as it should. Hugs, Darnell

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, I loved the card but the photo and story so warm my heart. Your sweet P is special, P must stand for Precious. Well I just read the above post so I'll change it to Prize, as she is that too! I love the embossed stars on the background panel!