Pages

1/24/2023

Happy Birthday to You!

 

Hey there! I was doing a little clean up in my wee studio and found one last bit of scraps from a 12 Kits of Occasions kit. This pretty scrap of paper was calling my name and here is where it landed! It will also be landing in the Seize the Birthday gallery.

*Well, I missed that deadline! Oh well, hope you enjoy it*



Golly gumdrops I do love this paper! It was already cut in this wonky shape, so I went with it. The paintbrush tips were colored to match the paper. I layered everything together then framed it out with a RC stitched frame. Just a little something bright and happy that will go to someone special!

 


Thanks to those of you checking up on my hand recovery, you do know how to make a girl feel loved! The doctor said everything looks great! Range of motion, movement and all of those little boxes checked. He said I can expect swelling and pain to continue through June/July though ~ yikes! Lots of PT to keep building strength. Right now writing, scissors and using a mouse are the hardest. But I'll get there. After-all, my hubby does call me a spitfire! Now if I could just get that mojo to kick into full gear!


17 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun! Great for any crafter you know! Thanks for joining in at STB

LeAnne said...

Such a pretty card...great way to use up those little bits! Glad to hear your hand is healing....the summer will be here before you know and you'll be back to 100%!

Marcia Hill said...

I think your mojo is doing just fine Lisa as this card is amazing!! I love how you went with the wonky shape of the dsp and used it beautifully!! And a shaker card to boot, AND using up those paint brushes! LOVE this card and so will the recipient! Hugs. :0)

Birgit said...

Such a great finish to using your 12 Kits bits and scraps. This is so fun and playful, Lisa! Glad to hear you're doing so well.

I Card Everyone said...

I can't believe you've used all of those scraps, Lisa! What a wonderful thing to do - this last one is truly indicative of 'saving the best for last!' Gorgeous colors you've 'painted' it, with these darling little brushes!
Keep doing what you're doing, you little spitfire you! Good to know you're making progress!
=]

Cat Craig said...

I'm so glad it was already cut in the wonky shape...because it makes a fabulous addition to your sweet shaker.

Bonnie said...

It looks to me like your mojo is just fine, Lisa! Love this card and that you made it into a shaker! Very special! Sounds like your hand is coming along. You'll get there.

Bobby said...

What a great mix in the shaker card that matches the DSP, Lisa. Making the brushes match was a great detail and the card looks wonderful. Keep up with the therapy. Squeezing the silly putty? It won't hurt that long I bet.

Rosemary said...

pretty mix of patterned paper and images, lisa!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is just amazing, Lisa. Whoever is receiving this is a very lucky person.

Trina P. said...

I never noticed your mojo left. This is adorable.
You may have missed the deadline at STB, but you could pop it over to AAA Birthday where it’s AG (https://aaabirthday.blogspot.com/2023/01/game-45-anything-birthday-goes.html).

Loll said...

I can see why you love this paper ... it's beautiful. I LOVE the way you've used pieces of it to create this really fun and colourful shaker card. Great work Lisa! Happy to hear your hand is recovering nicely! :) xx

TK said...

I see absolutely NO mojo issues here! Adorable card, and great use of the tidbit left behind. Pretty and perky, it'll definitely bring a smile.

So glad to hear your healing is progressing and going well, hopefully you will be out of the swelling/pain zone long before June or July!

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome shaker card, so pretty!

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely fabulous...just love your wonderful shaker!

Greta said...

What a unique, fun look for your shaker card, Lisa! So happy you got a good report & are making progress. Healing does take time, as I'm finding out, too.

Annette Allen said...

girl you are rocking these shaker cards.. totally love