Pages

3/27/2023

Thinking of You

 

A rainy day means a crafty day! After completeing a couple of DT assignments, I made a card for fun. Freshly Made Sketches had the perfect sketch for my jumping off point. Take a look...



When I saw the large rectangle in the sketch, I was determined to dig into my plethora of 6x6 paper pads to make something work! I found a 'not too in your face' lacy paper that worked perfectly with some vellum and PTI's Mix and Mat: Scallop dies. The W&W rose was cut with a coordinating striped paper. A gold embossed sentiment seemed the right fit as did a few bits of gold confetti. I like a pretty thinking of you sentiment. It works for so many different occasions!


Thinking of you and wishing you a good day!



16 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the texture and layers in this great design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! You mix and match papers and images so beautifully! This is like paper sunshine!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful die cuts and summery yellow designer papers

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty with the yellow!

TK said...

wow, gorgeous! I don't know how you made so many pretty papers, patterns and cuts work together but it's gorgeous, Lisa

Trina P. said...

So pretty. The yellow is bright and fresh.

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a delightful and fresh design, Lisa. I love this sunny color. Thanks so much for joining in the party at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

Hey Lisa! What a gorgeous combination of elements! The pattern, the lacy background and that gorgeous flower. It's a perfect "thinking of you"! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

I Card Everyone said...

This gold-yellow is currently my favorite color, Lisa! I LOVE your lacy specimen and every single layer of loveliness on top!
=]

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! All of your layers work so perfectly together!!!

Cat Craig said...

I'm a big yellow fan...so this one is a hit with me...as it would be in any color scheme. Lovely card design.

Bonnie said...

Loving all this yellow that brightens up a rainy day!

Rosemary said...

so pretty, lisa!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful lacy paper you found for this delicate design Lisa - so pretty with the lacy die cuts and soft yellow! Julia xx

Greta said...

What a pretty combination of elements for this card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love the papers you chose and the elements you incorporated into your design. The floral, lacy, stripy textured blend beautifully together. The gold embossing is indeed perfect. I love this. PS we had violent storm in NJ as well - Saturday night. I don't remember ever seeing lighting that intense. All is OK. I loved your story about candlelight Mass. Must have been beautiful.