Pages

4/03/2023

Live Life in Full Bloom

 

What a few days we've had in my neck of the woods! We had a wild thunderstorm blow through on Saturday afternoon with high winds. We have no damage, but have seen trees down here and there. Our cable and internet have been out since then (I'm using my phone to gain access for my blog!). Thankfully the electric just flickered on and off a few times. There are areas in our city that were without power. We attended Mass on Saturday evening and our church had no power. The service was candlelit and it was so pretty! All of the schools were closed today due to the power and internet issues. Hopefully things will be up and running soon. I know there are areas of our country dealing with so much more and my heart goes out to them.

But hey... you came here for a card, right? Let's get to it!


 
 
I think I have a couple of lines covered in this week's Tic, Tac Toe board. Floral/foliage, free and pastel colors along with circle(s), free and die cut(s). 

The pretty foiled wreath is a new purchase from Pinkfresh and I'm in love! I paired it with an old EF then tied on a tiny tag holding the Carta Bella sentiment.




I'll also be linking this up for the first time at the Pinkfresh monthly challenge. They're looking for flowers and my card also uses a few of the colors offered!

Thanks for taking the time to visit, I appreciate it!



16 comments:

Birgit said...

Such a pretty, soft colored card Lisa! The viney background is perfectly lovely with your floral wreath. I'm so glad to hear that you've faired through the storm untouched. Hope power is restored soon.

Vicki Dutcher said...

All go together for such prettiness!

Cat Craig said...

that foiled and colored wreath is lovely, Lisa. Not sure if I skipped passed it... but hope your power and internet are back up.

Betty said...

your card is so pretty Lisa - love all the soft muted colors - hopefully all the bad weather will subside soon - i've just been on the outskirts of all the bad stuff here in Texas but electricity flickers on and off enough to make it scary! thanks for joining our TicTacToe challenge this week - always love seeing your cards here. Betty

Bobby said...

Your foiled wreath is so soft and pretty, Lisa. I love how you added the sentiment with a tag.

Rosemary said...

So fresh and pretty, Lisa! Love the sweet wreath against the embossed background.

Kim S said...

So many weather issues this past couple of weeks. My son on the border of Iowa/Illinois keeps texting me as he's hiding in the basement of his house. Luckily there are six college seniors in the house so he's not alone in the mess. As long as you can keep crafting and posting!! (The church service sounds wonderful!) LOVE your soft flowers - so pretty on the soft green background.

Bonnie said...

I hope your power and Internet are back on by now. How scary! Glad you didn't blow away. Love the background that makes your beautiful wreath shine!

I Card Everyone said...

We traveled through a Tornado Warning area from Buffalo to mid-Michigan today, Lisa! LOTS of wind - thankfully nothing worse than a downpour now and then.
I'm so happy to be home - and to see this lovely new foil plate! Easy to see why you'd love it! Did you color it? Or buy a layering stencil?
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous foiled wreath, Lisa - love it!! And well done blogging from your phone!! Glad you escaped damage from storms!!

TK said...

Your foiled wreath is stunning! Wow, gorgeous colors and all on top of the pretty embossing -- this is really great.

So glad you faired well through the storm, and praying everyone else is back in order now

Trina P. said...

Hope things are back to normal now
Your card is so pretty. Way to nail a few of the TTT board rows!… I love completing multiple rows, too, when I can.

Marcia Hill said...

I don't know how I missed this card earlier as we didn't lose power, although we had some pretty high winds and torrential rains on Wednesday...lots of yards have lakes in them now! Hope everything has turned back on for folks in your area by now! And back to your card...it's BEAUTIFUL!! That Daisy wreath is one of my all time favorites from PFS...I have to hold myself back from using it too often! The soft colors against that beautiful embossed background look fabulous and the tiny tag with the awesome sentiment are a perfect fit for your wreath! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs and Happy Easter!! :0)

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely foiled wreath so beautifully colored in the pale hues!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a beautiful card, Lisa. I love that oldie but goodie embossed background, and you new floral wreath is gorgeous. beautiful colors, and very spring-like.

Greta said...

I wondered how things were when the storms were in your area. I'm glad you didn't have damage or loose electricity for long. Beautiful card! I have one of those wreath diecuts from my retreat last year. Always fun to share goodies with friends. I need to get it on a card!