Pages

4/30/2023

Sending Hugs

 

I squeezed in a little crafty time this weekend and put together a card for the Tic, Tac Toe challenge. I used the left vertical line: flowers, embossing & encouragement. Hmm... is sending hugs considered encouragement? Or I guess I could use the line: flowers, yellow and gems. But then again, are gold confetti pieces gems?

I'll also add this to the gallery over at The Paper Players where Anne Marie has a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for us. I used the top horizontal line: bright colors, layers & embossing.



I started with die cut roses from Altenew. I heat embossed them in gold then Copic colored them. They're adhered to a lovely PTI bookmark die along with the sentiment and gold confetti. I layered everything onto an embossed panel sent to me by a friend. I think that friend was Greta. She's so good about enclosing something pretty with her marvelous cards!



Thanks for spending a bit of your time with me!


16 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty. I love the embossed background

Lin said...

What a lovely mix, Lisa - and I love that you made your roses yellow!

Cat Craig said...

Yellow roses are my favorite...loving this card no matter which row ...

Bobby said...

I think hugs are encouraging, Lisa, and your card with its wonderful bookmark die and yellow flowers will surely lift someone up.

Bonnie said...

I love these pretty yellow flowers on that fantastic bookmark die cut, Lisa! So pretty on the embossed background!

Trina P. said...

So pretty. Love the embossed background and the design.

I Card Everyone said...

I can't think of any better show of encouragement than a hug - and they fit any reason they might be needed! Bundled up with all this pretty, your hugs are sure to do the trick!
Really lovely, Lisa!
=]

LeAnne said...

How lucky to have a friend who send you goodies! Your embossed panel is a perfect backdrop for those gorgeous gold and yellow flowers! A perfect hug in a card! Thanks for playing with our Paper Players Tic Tac Toe challenge this week!

Rosemary said...

your lovely design is so fun and bright, lisa!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful design with the label atop the embossed background, Lisa! So pretty with the yellow flowers!

Fran Wing said...

Yes, of course sending hugs is considered encouragement, Lisa! I love your embossed background and clean, citrus colors. If I received this card I would definitely feel encouraged. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players.
Xoxo, Fran

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is beautiful, Lisa. That bookmark die is gorgeous, and all the yellow is so springy. I love that you stamped the sentiment in yellow. It looks fabulous, and I think it is very encouraging. What is better than a hug when you are feeling blue??

Julia Aston said...

So clean and fresh in the white and yellow Lisa - like a hot summers day! What a beautiful floral embossed background too! Julia xx

TK said...

Sure to be an encouragement to anyone, this sweet card is wonderful. Love the background embossing, sweet tag and beautifully colored roses!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just stunning, Lsa! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Greta said...

Really love how you used the roses to frame the sentiment, Lisa--beautiful! Happy that embossed panel worked for this card & it makes me think I should make another one & use it myself!