Pages

3/02/2024

Birthday Wishes!

Have you seen the lovely mood board over at Inkspirational? I knew I had to find time to play along. This birthday card is the result and is headed over to their gallery!

Everything used on this card, with the exception of the cardstocks comes from Poppystamps. The Penelope pinpoint frame, a favorite of mine, (hmmm... I wonder why?!!) was cut from white cardstock then layered over cream cardstock. I think the two look wonderful together! I carried the cream to the cake, then decorated it with the light pink and pistachio colors. I pulled the golden yellow from the flames into the piping and fancied everything up with shimmery and sparkly golds. 


I think I'll set this one aside for my mom's birthday in June.

Thanks ever so much for stopping by. I appreciate it!






19 comments:

Trina P. said...

Nailed it! Fantastic “cake” I mean take 😉 on the mood board! The dimension and layering are awesome.

LeAnne said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration photo! Looks good enough to eat!

Cat Craig said...

Wow, this is one gorgeous birthday card, Lisa.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, stop! This is too incredibly beautiful, Lisa! Your artistic mind is clearly at work here. This is a very special card and it sounds like a lovely idea to save it for your Mom.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful inspired card! Well done 😊

Christine Alexander said...

wow amazing cake and such a beautiful background xx

Greta said...

Oh wow--this is one of my favorites! Love all the elements and colors!

Loll said...

Awesome card design Lisa! LOVE your coverplate background with that sweet cake topped with flowers. So pretty with the gold doily too. This card makes me happy. :) xx

Birgit said...

This is fantastic Lisa! You've got a real winner here. I love the colors with the touches of gold. Absolutely spectacular!

Lisa Petrella said...

That birthday cake is absolutely FABULOUS!!! I LOVE everything about this card!!!!

Rosemary said...

Really lovely take on the inspiration photo, Lisa! That cake is so yummy.

I Card Everyone said...

So pretty, Lisa! You really nailed that challenge, my friend! And now I'd like a slice of that cake, please!
=]

Bobby said...

That is a beautifully decorated cake, Lisa, and the doily it's sitting on is incredible.

Bonnie said...

This is a special card from the gorgeous background and birthday cake to the shimmery gold elegance!

Julia Aston said...

What a delightful cake Lisa - wonderful touches of gold in the candles leaves and beautiful doily. That coverall die cut background is so pretty with the cream showing through! thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational:Moodboard! Julia xx

TK said...

Sweet! Very pretty cake card

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love how you used the doily for the cake plate, Lisa - wonderful card!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Lisa. That mood board is tremednoudly inspiring, and you really nailed it!!! I love everything about it especially the glittery, gold candles! Fabulous card.

Carol said...

What a gorgeous cake and card Lisa! I love all the pretty, dainty touches and that lattice background in white and cream. The gold touches add so much too. Terrific take on the graphic!