Pages

9/24/2026

Throwback Thursday!

 Okay peeps, as requested!

Sorry it's black and white, not able to dig through photos just now! This was from our city's local paper after nationals. 

My costume is white, the diagonal stripes aqua and the fancy trim bordering them was lime green. The bodice has green doo-dads. My aunt always made my costumes and my mom would hand sew on all of the embellishments. Of course my hair (the length past my waist) was up in a bun for twirling with a little tiara too!

Here's the real deal and the card it inspired!


The white of my costume has turned a bit ivory...
my hair more than a bit gray LOL!!!


19 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh---what a treasure! Thanks for sharing this wee bit of your past, I love it!

TK said...

You GO, Girl! Love it! Somethings we can just never imagine about the friends we hold so dear that are yet so far away! Thanks for letting us have a peek into your past. You look quite giddy with excitement.
P.S. I used to hold gymnastics accolades in WA/OR/ID, but was also a cheerleader (back when popularity wasn't the deciding factor).

Rosemary said...

So fun to see the photo of you from your baton twirling days and the costume that inspired your beautiful card!

Birgit said...

Oh how delightfully fun! Your still as adorable now as you were back then. That handmade costume..... WOW! I can see that your crafty talents hold close to your family tree. I love how you were inspired by this costume to make such a beautiful Christmas card.

Marcia Hill said...

What a fun throwback photo Lisa and your costume was beautiful! And homemade to boot!! Love how it inspired your beautiful card...inspiration is all around us if we just take the time to look! Great post my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

I can't believe you saved the costume, Lisa. A lot of work went into it though. Kudos to your aunt and Mom. This reminds me of a long gone challenge inspired by clothing. Someone should bring it back.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, thank you for sharing this wonderful photo! You are still the same pretty little spitfire. I love that you saved the costume because it was made with such love by your proud aunt and mom. Wonderful, Lisa!

Trina P. said...

What a cool and fun throwback! Great job on the card.

Tracy Grauer said...

I love everything about this! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Aww, Lisa! What a great picture! And I'm so happy that you saved your uniform. You were beautiful then and now. Beautiful card, too. 😍 I hope all is well. Sending you much love 💜🐻 Mari

Bonnie said...

Your costume is beautiful as is your ornament! Your aunt and mom made a great team! I'm impressed!

Celeste Goff said...

Look at you, young pup! What a fabulous inspiration for your beautiful card, Lisa!

Loll said...

Look at you ... happy, beautiful girl!! I can see how your costume inspired the card. :) xx

Greta said...

What wonderful memories, Lisa! How wonderful your aunt and mom were so involved in your sport! Love that you still have the outfit! The story makes your card even more special!

Kim S said...

I LOVE how you were inspired! The card is gorgeous!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fantastic, Lisa - great memories there and thanks for sharing with us!!

Cat Craig said...

I've been away a bit...but now I get the twirling comments on previous posts. Lol. Lovely card from your inspo.

JoAnn said...

Love the photo you shared and the lovely costume made with love by your aunt & mom. Great inspiration for your lovely card. My daughter was in baton competitions for a few years when she was in high school. Great throwback memories.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa. This is fantastic! Oh that costume is so fabulous, and how sweet a memory of your Aunt and mother working together to make you look like a twirling rock star! Love the colors and the story and the wonderful card inspired by this wonderful piece of your life. I just love it.