Pages

1/28/2021

Inspired By #159 ~ Tweet Messages


 

 

Hello lovelies, it's time for a new Inspired By challenge!

 

 
 
When I saw the pretty little bird and flowers in our inspiration photo, I reached for my Impression Obsession birdhouse stamp. It's stamped on a PPP tag. Next I created my own patterned paper with another IO stamp. Everything was colored with watercolor pencils.

I hadn't planned on the sentiment banner. But... I smeared the first sentiment I had stamped on the tag. After I covered it with the banner I wasn't feeling it. That's when I added the blue scallop border. Ehhh... I guess it's okay, not exactly what I had in mind!


I hope I've inspired you to play along this week!
Let's go see what the team has to share, shall we?


14 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh yes, smears...I know all about them! But you managed to save it, your card is lovely! And it's funny, I almost pulled out one of these images that you sent me long ago (and I am hoarding) to make my card today too! Still hoarding them, I guess!

Danni Reid said...

I LOVE your watercolored bird and background, I thought it was patterned paper, so gorgeous!

I Card Everyone said...

Smear, schmear! You've got a beautiful fix, Lisa! and look at the gorgeous new coat of colors you've given Mr. Chickadee! So pretty!
=]

Rosemary said...

so tweet (hee hee just had to do that!), lisa! you always add the sweetest little touches to your cards. great save with the sentiment!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute fun sentiment with the tiny flowers. Well done 😀

Annette Allen said...

This is so sweet Lisa.. I love how you added the pink border. Love it

Birgit said...

This is such a sweet card Lisa. the birdhouse image is daring and I adore your sweet background. Great save on this springy card!

TK said...

Very cute in my eyes, Lisa! I absolutely adore the sweet images and background flowers! I think the banner and scallop add tremendous sweetness!

Silke Ledlow said...

Lisa, your card is so tweet..love the background, the scalloped border and the main image!

Vicky Hayes said...

What pretty little flowers you've used Lisa and I love how they go so well with those on the bird box image. Love the little bird - I can never resist a bird stamp! - and I love the sentiment banner and scallop so I'd say that smudge was meant to happen!! Vicky x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

So pretty, love the little flowery background, and you covered up your smear perfectly.

Celeste Goff said...

Lisa, this card is simply beautiful and such a great interpretation on the inspiration photo!!!

Greta said...

Love that you stamped on a tag & the bg paper you made is beautiful, Lisa!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful bluebird, they are my absolute favorite bird.