Pages

12/16/2021

Inspired By #200 ~ Inspired By You



It's time for a new Inspired By!  
We're celebrating our 200th challenge!

This time we're asking you to pick past winning cards as your inspiration! Sound fun? This is a celebration, so there will be prizes from DT members! The link for the winner's card gallery and prize drawings are on the Inspired By blog.

Okay, onto my card and my inspiration!
I was inspired by Caroline's (IB#169) scrumptious cupcake!



 
While I WISH I had a big beautiful cupcake like Caroline's, 
I had to settle for a much smaller version.



I used PTI's Sweet Celebration set for my more petite version. The paper I used for the chocolate cupcake is a fun textured paper I've had forever. It almost has a leathery feel to it. I liked the speckled look it had and thought it mimicked Caroline's coloring! 
 
Remember I mentioned DT prizes? 
Well, here's mine!

 

I put together a little Valentine gift for one random winner (deets on the IB blog)! A Poppystamps cover plate, chevron Washi tape, buttons and tin pins!

This is our final IB post for the year. We'll be back with fresh inspiration in January. But until then, we hope you'll join us in this celebration! Wishing each and every one of you a joyful holiday season filled with blessings!


17 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Imagine having every single thing we've ever admired?? We wouldn't have room for our beds - then again, sleep is overrated! lol
LOve your delectable two-bite cupcake, Lisa! Now how do I make gingham frosting? xx
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome inspired card. You can see’ it’ but it is totally your own! Good job. ( Love that cover plate)

Bobby said...

I love your version of Caroline's card, Lisa. It's so you with the scalloped panel and checkered frosting.

Cat Craig said...

what a sweet way to case Caroline's card and yet put your touch on it.

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: So lovely, Lisa. Love it! ☺ Mari

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love your wonderful version of Caroline's cupcake. Love the texture in the papers and those darling little flowers. I am so hoping to get some time to play over the holidays. Looking forward to long days in my PJ's...

LeAnne said...

First, what a fabulous gift!! Lovely assortment of goodies! Second, your card is spot-on for mimicking Caroline inspiration! Love it! That "chocolate" icing paper is yummy!
"

Bonnie said...

Yum! A scrumptious looking cupcake, Lisa! Great frosting!

Greta said...

Oh that looks so yummy! The brown paper is perfect! What a great gift you're giving away, Lisa--so generous! Hope I can come up with an entry! Happy Holidays!

Birgit said...

Your little cupcake is scrumptious Lisa! I love the gingham frosting. So sweet!!

Marcia Hill said...

Your cupcake may be a petite version of the original Lisa, but no less sweet! I love the papers you used and the clean and simple look to this card...so pretty!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

THe textures and colors make this so pretty! I love the sentiment best. You really did make this your own, and I love the simple elegance.

Nancy said...

Lisa, Your cupcake has so much texture and looks just like the one that inspired you. Well done!

Rosemary said...

a simply sweet and adorable take on the inspiration card, lisa!

Danni Reid said...

Not only are you incredibly kind, generous, and oh so talented, you "CASE" perfectly too!! I love your interpretation of Caroline's cupcake, and a smaller version is something I might have in my supplies, LOVE the inspiration!

TK said...

Sweet inspiration for a sweet card! Really cute, Lisa, and I do see the leather looks like the cupcake

Karen B. said...

Your cupcake card is still as sweet! Great details.