Pages

7/23/2022

Happy Birthday

 

Hey there! It's time for another installment of Just Us Girls! Sue is our hostess this week giving us a refreshing photo for inspiration. See if you can spot something that caught me eye!

 

I had a eucalyptus panel (PS) leftover from a stamping get-together with Michele. I think they've retired this set ~ shucks. Using a PPP banner die, I cut the panel at an angle to get some length. I topped this with snippet of die cut patterned paper. This was all popped onto a mini slimline with some fun foam. Another sprig or two for balance and a pretty birthday wish (TSM) wrapped it up!

How about a bonus card?


Not wanting that last bit of eucalyptus to go to waste, I popped a piece of patterned paper into the opening, added a fancy Altenew thank you, sprinkled on a few gems and voila... bonus card!

We do hope you'll join us this week. Who knows, maybe you'll end up with a bonus card too and can enter twice!


20 comments:

Birgit said...

What a delightful duo today, and a great way to use up the scraps. Have a wonderful weekend Lisa!

LeAnne said...

They're both delightful! Love the fresh greenery!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I knew you would be inspired by the photo! The soft green is your niche 😀. Fabulous two cards how fun to get a bonus

TK said...

Refreshing and sweet, both cards are terrific, Lisa! Love the soft shades and lines with your bold sentiments

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love both of these, Lisa, What a perfect take on the inspiration!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... fabulous card...love your use of scraps and the eucalyptus paper is beautiful!

Marcia Hill said...

I think Michele is wearing off on you Lisa...and you're embracing it beautifully!! Both of your cards are so CAS and just lovely!! And both perfect for the inspiration photo too! Hugs. :0)

Carol said...

Gorgeous Lisa! I love the shape of the center element!!! You got so much bang for your buck with just two colors!!!!

Cat Craig said...

I love that you grabbed the pattern from the pillow case along with those delightful draping leaves. Lovely cards, perfectly inspired.

I Card Everyone said...

I spy with my little eye TWO things that caught your creative eyes! I totally would have gone for that exact pillow, Lisa! So adorable and your bonus is pretty darned cute, too!
=]
ps it's been FAR too long since we've had a get-together.
=[

Nancy said...

I am so glad someone chose to do something with that pillow! Your card is totally pure perfection! Love the shape of the center panel and the eucalyptus was a great idea! I always notice how perfectly balanced your cards are, Lisa!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous take on the inspiration photo, lisa.

Bobby said...

I would have hated to cut into that panel, Lisa, but you did and managed to get two fantastic cards from it.

Cindy Beach said...

Such pretty cards, Lisa! The eucalyptus is so pretty and I love how you were inspired!

Greta said...

Love the photo & love both your cards, Lisa! Love the sentiment set you used for the first card!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful set of cards. Great take on the photo.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Totally gorgeous! I love the soft green and the inspiration you took from the leaves and the pillow. Two beauties!

cm said...

A duo of gorgeous, Lisa! I'm especially taken with the first one; love the shaped die-cut, the pretty eucalyptus and bold sentiment!
~carol

Ina G said...

Gorgeous Lisa. Love the soft greens and two fabulous layouts. Great job on that lovely photo.

Celeste Goff said...

Two absolutely stunning cards Lisa! I especially love the die cutting and stamping on that first card!