Pages

7/20/2022

With Gratitude

 

So, I did a little watercoloring a couple of weeks ago. I was playing around with a pretty Impression Obsession Evening Primrose image. I'm trying to get the knack of this watercoloring thing. Luck is on my side now and again! Thanks to The Flower Challange, I finished this up last night and will add it to their gallery!



I used a pretty PS die to trim the image down a bit. I like the soft green linen mat peeking through the die cut openings. A simple sentiment (Altenew) was all it needed. Hope you like it!


 

EDIT * I had no way to contact you, Bev  I hope you stop back! The die is by Pinkfresh Studio.

https://www.pinkfreshstudio.com/products/essentials-folk-edge-rectangles-die-set?_pos=1&_sid=d3054050c&_ss=r 

I always try to add labels for products I've used and mentioned. They're at the end of each post. Hope this helps!

 

Enjoy your day and stay cool! 

90 for us today with storms tonight... blech... humidity!


19 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh my this is really pretty! Well done 😊

Birgit said...

Oh Lisa, this is stunning! I don't think "luck" had anything to do with the way this came out. You have "talent" girl! The soft colors are dreamy.

Cat Craig said...

Lisa, this is lovely and so delicate.

LeAnne said...

Just beautiful!

bev said...

Really pretty card. The border outline really makes it pop. I tried to find that die on picket fence studios but no luck. Did I guess the wrong company? Or is it an old one no longer available?

Bobby said...

I think watercoloring is an art, Lisa, and one I'm working on too. You did a fabulous job with your primrose and the frame adds a delicate touch. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

I Card Everyone said...

Lisa, it is CAS, sweet, beautifully water colored and so very lovely!
Thanks so much - love the results and having you in our gallery at The Flower Challenge is always a treat!
=]

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Lisa! Your watercoloring is beautiful and that frame is perfect to show it off!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Lisa!! Your water coloring is just FABULOUS and I love the color peeking through the die cut layer too! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Very pretty, and I don't think it was luck, I think you've got the water coloring thing down! Pretty card, Lisa

Rosemary said...

So very pretty, Lisa. Your watercoloring looks wonderful to me.

Loll said...

Wonderful watercolouring of this sweet flower, Lisa. The soft pink looks so pretty with the bright, light green. So pretty with the framing. Stay cool, my friend! xx

Kara Lynne said...

This is so soft and delicate, Lisa! The edging is a wonderful way to frame your beautiful watercoloring!

Celeste Goff said...

Oh Lisa, this card is just so feminine and beautiful!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is gorgeous, Lisa. The mat is so perfect. I struggle with watercoloring. I am not going anywhere today in 100 degree weather. You've inspired me to proctice!

bev said...

Thank you so much Lisa for responding. I am sorry I missed that on your original post! I used the link and found the die.
Thank you again for taking the time to let me know.

Stef Perry said...

Such delicate and beautiful watercoloring Lisa. Your practice is definitely yielding results. This is a stunning CAS card and I'm so glad you shared with us at The Flower Challenge!

Greta said...

Beautiful watercoloring, Lisa! I don't think there's any luck involved--you're one talented designer!

Trina P. said...

So soft and pretty.