Pages

11/24/2023

Warmest Wishes!

I hope those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday had a blessed and happy day! I made dinner for the two of us and my parents. I must say, it was pretty yummy!  The down side of the holiday is that our little Sweet P came down with a bug. Fever, cough, ear infection... feeling pretty rough. Thankfully not Covid. We did get to FaceTime with her and I'm thankful for that

I have a couple of warm and cozy cards for you today. They both have a Piped Icing Star from Birch Press Design as their focal point. I'll be sending one over to the Inkspirational gallery for their Seasonal challenge.


I turned the stars into gingerbread cookies! More Christmas papers from my stash went onto the background for this one along with a few SG pine sprigs. A simple little Poppystmaps sentiment was all it needed.

I thought the sweet gingham paper was a good pairing for the PTI sentiment. I layered everything together with the PTI Mix & Mat Snowflake die cut.

Those cookies are making me hungry! 

Hmmm, maybe a slice of pumpkin pie will fix that!


19 comments:

LeAnne said...

They are both quite delish! It seems gingerbread and icing is a big theme this year! I am loving the gingham peeking out from behind on the second one! Hope Sweet P gets better soon!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card. Great color combo

Rosemary said...

Your "gingerbread cookie" stars are so yummy and cute. Love the sweet touches of patterned paper on each card.

Marcia Hill said...

Ohhhhh do I love these sweet homespun cards Lisa!! Those gingerbread star cookies are perfection and I'm loving the polka dot and plaid backgrounds too! Sweet, sweet cards my friend and I sure hope Sweet P is feeling better soon!! Hugs. 😊

P.S. Thank you so much for the beautiful Thanksgiving card with that sweet fox...I loved it!!!!!

TK said...

Amazing and sweet, these cards.... errrr cookies look scrumptious! Loving your pretty pp

Birgit said...

These are both just as sweet as can be! I love how you made the star into a gingerbread cookie. Delightfully sweet! Hope your sweet P is on the run again soon.

Lin said...

These are darling, Lisa - love your mix of papers and dies! Sorry to hear that your little Sweet Pea is feeling bad - hoping she'll be feeling better soon.

I Card Everyone said...

Now I WANT Christmas cookies, too, Lisa! Stars are my favorite of all the cookie-cutter shapes!
I love your 'piped' icing and layers of loveliness you've used to make your cards so special!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Your cookies make for a sweet card.

Leslie Miller said...

Lisa, WOW, I love these cards so much! Such fun with papers and dies. I'm beside myself with admiration! I'm sure sorry about little Sweet P and I hope it won't be long before she's in the pink again.

Bonnie said...

Your gingerbread star looks delicious with the lightly browned edges, Lisa! Both are beautifully placed with the polka-dots and gingham!

Trina P. said...

Yum! I love gingerbread cookies! Love your creative use of the star!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

That Piped Icing Star is a fave of mine and you've showcased it beautifully, Lisa - cookies look good enough to eat!!

Julia Aston said...

Oh, your lovely star cookies looked perfectly backed Lisa - just a perfect brown on the edges, so pretty with both the dotted paper on the first and the gingham on the 2nd! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Seasonal! Julia xx

Loll said...

Adorable cards with the gingerbread cookies! :) I love the country feel from the patterned papers you've used. xx

Greta said...

I honestly don't need to look anywhere else for inspiration! You are such a talented designer, Lisa! These cards make me smile! So sorry Sweet P & her folks couldn't be with you guys for Thanksgiving, but I'm sure she's much better by now.

cm said...

I'm smitten with your gingerbread cookies, Lisa! A duo of gorgeous cards. Thrilled to see you in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol

Kim S said...

I love the classic colors and warmth of these cards! I do hope Sweet P has rebounded so she can thoroughly enjoy the holidays!

cm said...

Hello Lisa...your gorgeous star-cookie card is a Top Pick over at Inkspirational! Yayyy! LOVE your card - and so thrilled that you joined us.
~carol