It's Stencil Week at Just Us Girls!
I pulled out a Pinkfresh set I haven't used in quite a while.
These snippets were already foiled and die cut. All I had to do was add the color! I popped them into a pretty frame, also Pinkfresh, then onto an embossed card base. A foiled sentiment tab finished things off.
Just wanted to let you know, I might be MIA for a wee bit. I'm having surgery on my wrist Sept. 1st. Remember that fall I took in May? An MRI in late July showed broken bones in my wrist and palm along with a complete ligament tear that the x-ray in May didn't. Lots of things moving around in there that shouldn't be. Pain every day and my orthopedic surgeon said if I do nothing, I will definitely get major painful arthritis. 6 weeks in a full arm cast, then 4 weeks in a smaller one, followed by PT. A couple of months of inconvenience outweighs a lifetime of pain.
I've been working bit by bit since this news to get my DT assignments made ahead. So, there will be posts through the end of the year and I'm pretty good at one handed typing for visits to your blogs and comments. That will help keep me sane! I hate sitting around, I'm always on the move. My hubby calls me a spitfire!

23 comments:
Lovely card--that bird is gorgeous and in such pretty colors! Good luck with the surgery---be a good patient and do what the doctor says so you can come back with full creativity when you're all done! ♥
Your stenciled image, paired with the frame and embossed background, makes for a lovely card. Someone will be thrilled to receive this pretty paper 'hug' from you.
Wishing you well on your surgery/recovery! And I agree with your husband: you are a spitfire!
hugs~carol
Lisa... I have always loved this songbird! Love yours!
Your card is absolutely beautiful in the soft yellows and turquoise Lisa, and the frame and embossed background all make this such a standout card!! I'm so sorry to hear about your wrist and all you'll be going through the next couple of months...will definitely be sending lots of hugs and prayers your way my friend! Take care!! Hugs. :0)
So pretty Lisa. Love the stenciled image and the way you placed in the pretty die cut frame. The embossed background is lovely.
I'm sending hugs right back to you, Lisa! I adore this set and you've chosen such pretty colors to add stenciled color to that pretty bird!
Take good care of yourself!
=]
Just gorgeous with the signature soft colors!
Your colors are so pretty on this foiled image, Lisa! Beautifully done and framed! Wishing you well with your surgery and recovery. Praying for a complete recovery!
Oh My Goodness! Your card is as sweet as can be, beautiful bird and frame. BUT I want to send prayers and good wishes your way! Such a bummer that they didn't catch the whole problem to begin with, but we will be eagerly awaiting good news and your return. Take care and heal well!
YIKES, Lisa! I hope this hand isn't your dominant one. Good luck with your recovery - it hurts just hearing about it!
Beautiful card, I think I have the foiling plate for this image. I love the little birds xx
This card is soft and sweet and oh, so beautiful! Sorry to hear about your wrist and all that you'll be facing to get it to heal. Sending you love, hugs & prayers. Hope everything goes smoothly.
Beautiful card Lisa. Sending prayers and good wishes for a successful surgery and speedy uneventful recovery.
I have that foil plate but do I have the die? I can't remember. I only know I haven't used it. I love how you cut out a portion of the image for your card, Lisa, and placed it on that lovely frame. Wishing you well with your surgery and praying for a quick and easy recovery.
Tweet card! The colours and design are so dainty and pretty.
Sending you speedy recovery wishes and hugs your way.
btw... save yourself the hassle of one hand typing and use the voice dictation feature! 😉
I love this beautiful design! So pretty how you used that frame for the pretty floral branches and sweet little bird.
Absolutely gorgeous, Lisa! Love the soft colors you used for the stenciling. Will be praying for a swift recovery from the wrist surgery. So sorry you have to go through that, though.
Such a pretty and dainty look to this card. I love the image combining the flowers, leaves and bird. The background embossing adds just a little bit of texture that doesn't fight the rest of the elements and the oval frame is so pretty!
Sweet as and just so soft and beautiful Lisa. Love it!
Oooh, I love this! Yellow and a bird, a pretty frame and embossed background -- it checks All the boxes! I'm sorry you had to go so long with pain before you found out about your wrist and palm, but now is the time to set it right. Heal well, Lisa!
Oh I'm so sorry, Lisa! Definitely want to avoid the severe arthritis in the future and it's amazing what they can do for injuries now. I'll be thinking of you and sending many positive thoughts your way. This is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and you've reminded me to use my PFS pretty frame!
So pretty with embossed background and stenciled birdie with flower branches, Lisa! Hope the surgery went well today!! I'm sorry to hear it was necessary and hope for your speedy recovery!!
This is absolutely gorgoeus, Lisa. I love that frame die, and your foiled image is gorgeous. Sorry to hear about your surgery, but best for you in the long run. Wishing you all the best with the surgery and recovery.
Post a Comment