Pages

8/26/2021

Inspired By #184 ~ Penguin Love

 

 

Hello, hello it's time for a new Inspired By challenge! This week is about penguin love and it just so happens that Sweet P loves penguins! I've used our Christmas photo to put together a happy little number I'll send to her this winter.  

 

 

Using an older RC set, I created a topsy-turvy background with stocking caps and snowflakes. The caps were heat embossed with white embossing powder and colored with Copics. To add to the fun, I filled their pompoms with Stickles! The star of the show is chillin' out on a vellum snowflake (PTI). I didn't add a sentiment because I don't think there's a place on the card front for one! I'll decide on one when the snow flies then add it to the inside.

 


How will you be inspired this week? Penguins, snowflakes, hats, maybe even that little sprig of holly ~ perhaps the sketch? Oh, the suspense, I can't wait!


14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Sentiment or not, it says LOVE loud and clearly, Lisa ... Miss P will love it, and so do I! You're the only card make I know that can fill an entire card front, and STILL end up with a CAS card! xx
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well this is a fabulous inspired card. Love the cutie b&w guy 😀

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE card Lisa!! Your background with all the hats (and snowflakes) is awesome and I love the stickle'd pompoms! And of course the sweet penguin on the vellum snowflake tops the card off beautifully!! Sweet P will love it!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, those little hats scattered on your background are adorable! As is the penguin and that pretty snowflake! It's gorgeous!

Danni Reid said...

I can NOT tell you how much I love this card! Sweet P will love it and she’d better because I know a deal that would love this card adorning it 😉😀

Bobby said...

Those little hats make such a cute background, Lisa. The vellum snowflake was a wonderful way to separate that darling penquin from it.

TK said...

Sweet little penguin, and a fun design too -- wonderful hat background

Silke Ledlow said...

Super adorable..makes me smile :) !!!

Rosemary said...

Too stinkin cute, Lisa!

Celeste Goff said...

So sweet and clever! I love how you created your own background panel with the embossed hats and that vellum snowflake is absolutely the perfect companion to that precious little penguin!

Annette Allen said...

Lisa this is just the cutest.. totally love

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....this is just too darn cute!!!

Greta said...

Absolutely adorable card, Lisa! Love the Stickles on the pompoms!

Nora Noll said...

Oh how FUN!! I LOVE the embossed hats in the background and your penguin in the middle of that vellum snowflake-GENIUS!!! This is just oh so FABULOUS!!