Pages

8/20/2021

Playing cards with friends ~ National Lemonade Day!

Can you guess who invited me to play cards with her today? It's the fabulous Michele Ferguson of I Card Everyone! Yep, I'm her guest today for her Playing Cards with Friends feature that she shares on her blog! Each month she picks a new friend and a new theme. She discovered that today is National Lemonade Day. I do love me some homemade lemonade! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are the guidelines we're both using:

*Must use lemons or lemon yellow

*A die-cut sentiment, or tag with sentiment

*Copic, or water colored 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pucker up, here we go!


I guess you could say I had pink lemonade on my mind when I made this! I stamped, Copic colored and fussy cut a whole bunch of Impression Obsession lemons.  Next, I added some patterned paper to my card base with a sheet of fun foam for added dimension. After adhering my die-cut sentiment (PPP), I added some lemons. We all know Michele loves vellum, so I added a trio of MS butterflies punched from polka dot vellum.

I did say I stamped a bunch of lemons, right? I couldn't just let them lay around unused. So why not make another card! Same lemons, same sentiment, different patterned paper framed out with a RC die-cut. I sprinkled about several pink rhinestone to add a little zest to this one. Zest... get it??!!

Thanks again, sweet friend for inviting me to play cards with you. Sure can't wait until we can do it again FOR REALS!! The crafty kind AND the keeping score, laughing and munchies kind with our guys!


21 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... love your and Michele's... so glad you played together!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love those lemons! Too bad we can’t get our cards to smell like that that! Wouldn’t that be awesome 😀

conil said...

Both you and Michele made lemon your lemon cards so beautifully. Plus, we have a bonus card. I do love me some fresh lemonade made from real, honest to goodness lemons, so your cards are right up my alley.

I Card Everyone said...

Hi my wonderful playmate!! I was out the door before 8 this morning helping my youngest move - a conversation for a morning coffee, for sure!
TWO cards?? Oh you do know how to make me pucker up! I love your lemons, and yes your little vellum butterflies arrived safe and sound, with only a little bit of fluffing needed!
I could hardly wait to get home - thanks so much for being my card-playing guest this month!
Love and hugs...
=]

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE these cards! True FAB Lisa style!!!

Marcia Hill said...

Two Summer-y and yummy looking lemon cards Lisa...they're both making me thirsty!! You colored those lemons just beautifully too...lovely, lovely cards and so glad to see you and Michele playing cards together!! Hugs. :0)

Nora Noll said...

A twofer!! I love those pretty lemons and the pattern paper on the first card. I think the second card is my favorite, though. I LOVE the frame with the lemons and the large, black sentiment. Lovely design!

Karen B. said...

Your pink lemonade card is perfection! And I love the CAS second card as well.

Jeanne said...

Came to take a peek from Michele's blog. These are fabulous, Lisa. So bright and cheery. Very happy you and Michele got to play "together." Have a lovely weekend. :)

Kathy said...

Sweet cards! Love the addition of some pink to each, going to get out my lemon stamps and play a little, too! Thanks for sharing your cards with Michele.

Birgit said...

These are both super sweet Lisa! Lemony fresh!

Bobby said...

Beautiful job coloring those lemons, Lisa. I'm glad you kept going and had enough for a second card. They have different looks but are both your wonderful style.

Bonnie said...

Love your zesty lemons, Lisa! So beautifully colored that they look ready to squeeze!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply sweet!

Celeste Goff said...

I love both of your gorgeous lemon cards Lisa! The patterned paper and vellum butterflies on the first card really caught my eye!

Greta said...

That's a lot of beautiful coloring & 2 wonderful cards, Lisa! I really love the beautiful simplicity of the second card with that neat RC frame & pink gems!

Vikki H said...

Your two lemon cards are fabulous for summer! The framing and pink touches are super!

Rosemary said...

fabulous lemonade inspired cards, lisa!

TK said...

Sweet and fun, these are wonderful cards! Sounds like you had a great time!

Annette Allen said...

Lemons... aw yes please.. Totally awesome

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What wonderful cards, Lisa. I love all of the detail - the designs, the papers, the embellishments, and those vellum butterflies are such a perfect touch! The lemons are luscious, and your art is stunning.