Pages

8/19/2021

Some Bunny Loves You

 

How can it be that my once tiny little Sweet P has become a first grader? Holy moly where DOES the time go? I'm anxious to talk to her later today to see how her first day went. I know she's pretty excited to be going to school where her mommy is a teacher... first grade at that! She's also excited to be in the classroom of one of her mommy's friends just two doors down. Actually going to school in person, a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles backpack  (she's not into princesses and unicorns!), her own little desk, hoping friends from online Kindergarten will be in her class, making new friends, recess... Yes, it is a big day for our little one! 

Excuse me for my gramma moment *wink. After all; you came here for a card! I'm sharing one today for my friend Jeanne's Waffle Flower Challenge of {scrap your stash}. She has two of my faves as her guests this month, Nora and Darnell!

I've used the Rejoice Rabbit combo to make a card for our somebunny special. She might not like unicorns, but she likes bunnies! I have a plethora of buttons in my stash. I also found some teeny paper flowers and some sparkling flowers too. I used to snatch some up every time I went to Archivers!


Hope you like it friends. I'll give you the official first grade report when it comes in! Thanks for visiting!


18 comments:

LeAnne said...

How exciting! She will do well on her first day (and first year) of school! What a sweet creation to get her started!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute card as usual. It’s been fun watching Little grow up 😀

Lisa Petrella said...

How exciting!!! I hope Sweet P had a fabulous first day!!! She's growing up so fast!!! Super cute card too!!

Darnell said...

What a perfect bunny card for a big girl first grader, Lisa! Great girlie design and use of sweet little buttons and schparkly flowers to adorn that cute bunny! I hope Miss P loved her first day!! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

p.s. And thank you for playing along in the Waffle Flower Challenge!!

I Card Everyone said...

You have the sweetest stash ever, Lisa! LOve this little bunny [as you well know] but she looks happier than ever with all the buttons, and blooms you've treated her to!
I can hear the chatter of that first-grader now! I'll bet she loved it - betting Mommy loved having her close, too!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwwww...this is SO cute Lisa, and Sweet P will think so too and love it!! Our oldest granddaughter starts 1st grade on the 31st, and she's so excited to go back to school and see all her friends too! She's ALL girl though, and loves Unicorns, princesses, and American Girl dolls! Have a great weekend Lisa, and enjoy that chit chat with Sweet P about her 1st day of school! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

So darling, Lisa. I love the flower wreath in the bunny's hair. Time does go fast. My great-granddaughter started kindergarten this year and her brother is in 3rd grade. Seems like just yesterday we got the news that we would be great grandparents.

Sue Lelli said...

DARLING card! First grade already???

Nora Noll said...

This is DARLING!! I LOVE that bunny and your use of those buttons is amazing!! I love the little flower/button wreath on her head!! Thank you so much for joining us!!

Karen B. said...

Oh I hope she had a great day! First grade is a big step. What a beautiful card, the soft colors and other dainty details are just great.

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet bunny...fabulous card.

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my gosh Lisa, this card is precious! Sweet P is going to love it. I cannot believe she's already in first grade. Our sweet grandbabies grow up way too quickly. Insert sad face here.

Greta said...

First Grade?! I still remember the announcement that she was coming! Can just imagine her excitement & hope the day lived up to her dreams! Girl after my own heart not being into unicorns, but liking bunnies! I don't know how you come up with better & better cards, but this one is so special, Lisa! Love all the flowers & that adorable bunny!

Rosemary said...

oh my goodness! little penelope is in first grade! time sure does fly! i hope her first day went well! your card is absolutely adorable, lisa! love all the little resin flower and button embellishments you used!

TK said...

Sweet and adorable, what a cute card, Lisa

Annette Allen said...

this is adorable.. I love how you added the flowers and buttons. love it

Kinjal Trivedi said...

Genius idea to use those flowers and buttons. They go so well with your beautiful card! - Kinjal